Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What made the performance so bad was that Walsall were down to 9 men by halftime and yet we never tested the keeper throughout the whole match.

Most of these amex critics never went to the Withdean. They don't know what it's like for the only match highlight to be a crap striker doing a moonwalk. At the priest field, during one match, the fans were calling for a pigeon to get man of the match for it's persistent presence in the penalty area which involved loads of corners and even a penalty. But to be fair, that pigeon was a one of a kind.

anyone remember the game when our defender cleared the ball over the south stand at the Withdean which had the whole stand and starting lineup observing it whilst the opposition took a thrown-in and scored?

But it was those performances which make me so proud of how we played today. I'm still amazed at the standard I'm watching the albion play. The one touch football, the pace, the ball control.

My only wish is to be able to get a season ticket so I could be at these games. Even my dad has one and he supports Spurs and never went and watch them play at the Withdean. He's enjoying us play all this nice football without even supporting or caring about the albion and yet he (like many others) still moans about certain players and performances, whilst I now have to stream it on some crap american channel, punching the air when we score sat in my bedroom. Some fans just don't realise how sweet the present moment is for this club. If only the club kept a record of the fans who watched them in those days....

I think it was against Northampton. That poor ballboy...he was mercilessly abused for his 'assist'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another MotM performance, you lot are just too fick to see it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Most of these amex critics never went to the Withdean. They don't know what it's like for the only match highlight to be a crap striker doing a moonwalk”
[MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] - I’m still giggling at this. Thanks for such a funny start to the week

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What made the performance so bad was that Walsall were down to 9 men by halftime and yet we never tested the keeper throughout the whole match.

Most of these amex critics never went to the Withdean. They don't know what it's like for the only match highlight to be a crap striker doing a moonwalk.

... or seen our full-back being given the runaround by a squirrel

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
its hard to take your chance with a 5 mins but at the minimum you'd expect no mistakes. The first 2 things he did when he came on were piss poor.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd like us to start with Locadia with Andone in the Gross role at Bournemouth. When Locadia has had decent game time he's made some good runs and had good touches in and around the box. If he could link up with Andone tearing through we could be on to a winner. If it doesn't work we've got The Dependables to bring on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else notice his reaction at the end. Straight down the tunnel. No acknowledgement to the fans, his teammates or the opposition. Yes I know there was another striker a few years ago who was accused of similar things (and looked how that turned out), but he’s not helping himself is he.
We lost. And he was only on the pitch for 10 minutes.

When he was on, did he make an effort, or just go through the motions? Looked like he was trying to me.

Not from everyone. I’ve been willing the guy to get a break for months. He won’t win people round like that
He won't win people around by clapping the fans after we've lost. His only chance of winning people round is to perform well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd like us to start with Locadia with Andone in the Gross role at Bournemouth. When Locadia has had decent game time he's made some good runs and had good touches in and around the box. If he could link up with Andone tearing through we could be on to a winner. If it doesn't work we've got The Dependables to bring on.

I've written Locadia off but I wouldn't be against this.

We are toothless away from home so we need to mix things up.

We need to show more intent than just trying to stay in the game

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t understand the mentality of some of our ‘fans’. Quite a bit of booing at half time in the WSU and jeering of Locadia as he came on. Called a few out around me but really don’t get these people.

Probably fans, not supporters.

We can’t afford to move him on either sadly

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My only real interest is what happens on the pitch. A football player being frustrated at not getting game time isn't breaking news.

Getting on players backs and putting pressure on them isn't helpful. He did fine when he came on and wants to score more than we want him to score. He hasn't had the game time because of Murray, and Hughton is ruthless when it comes to the starting 11.

As long as he works hard in training and is fit and ready to come one when required he is not obliged to do a Ryan with the crowd. When he scores I will be as pleased for him as I am for us.

I was more concerned with some of the other players on the pitch tbh.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Don’t understand the mentality of some of our ‘fans’. Quite a bit of booing at half time in the WSU and jeering of Locadia as he came on. Called a few out around me but really don’t get these people.

Probably fans, not supporters.

We can’t afford to move him on either sadly

In fairness, everyone in the NS that I heard just feels pity for the guy. I mean he's really not had a proper chance.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I saw him clap and also signing lots of programmes, asked him for patience and he said he has plenty, and loves it here!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Actually feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Invariably just gets a couple of minutes on the pitch at the end of the game, just to keep the recruitment team in their jobs as much as anything, and always ends up looking like an ineffectual triallist that you'd pass up on the chance of signing. Compare and contrast with Andone who has seized his chances with both hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here