Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andy Carroll - everywhere I go it's the same bullsh!t!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This did tickle me somewhat, on the Dagenham Donkeys woes.

'I honestly don’t know what I’ve done in my life to get the sh*t I get. It’s unbelievable. I get some stick for everything I do. It’s annoying.

It’s stupid things, like I went to Lapland UK. I’m standing there with the kids. Someone skates over, ‘Lovely to meet you… don’t be getting on the ice, I don’t want you falling over and getting injured’.

Everywhere I go it’s the same bullsh*t!

A lot of people just think, “Oh, Andy’s injured again? He’s all right, he’s on holiday,” or whatever.

But it’s hard. It’s hard graft. You’re going home angry, upset, having a go at the missus for nothing, having a go at everyone. You’re just upset. It’s hard to be by yourself.'

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/west...nts-are-ribbing-him-over-his-injury-woes.html

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I agree with him. The public can be real wankers at times.

Would be happy to have him here.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like him. Don't want him in our team though.

With his injury record, we would probably have 5 - 10 (very) good games out of him per season.

With the transfer fee and his high wage demands, I'm afraid that's the way it is these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

With his injury record, we would probably have 5 - 10 (very) good games out of him per season.

With the transfer fee and his high wage demands, I'm afraid that's the way it is these days.

Mute point but surely, given his unlucky injury problems you would have to believe he might accept lower wages or perhaps pay as you play ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mute point but surely, given his unlucky injury problems you would have to believe he might accept lower wages or perhaps pay as you play ?

I have heard this said before.

Two questions i suppose.

1. How low?

2. How many players are on pay as you play contracts? I have heard it mentioned but I don't know of any players actually on those contracts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You or I might - but we don't live in the same bubble as PL footballers. Enough to pay the mortgage, bring up the kids, drive an OK car might be fine for us; a competition to have the most expensive car in the training ground car park wouldn't be an issue for you and me - it often is for them. Besides, if Andy Carroll gets any 'sensible' ideas, you can be sure his agent will 'put him right'!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
West Ham have the two biggest sicknotes in British football in Wilshere and Carroll, must be more than £1 million a month for nothing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
West Ham have the two biggest sicknotes in British football in Wilshere and Carroll, must be more than £1 million a month for nothing.

... and Lazzini. Forgotten he was there until he was mentioned on MOTD yesterday

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
imagine its the frustrastion, knowing all the work and effort to get fit and get another injury after couple of games.

Caroll could have had a stunning career without injury, when he gets games he gets goals, nearly 1 in 3 West Ham. a lot of "better" strikers dont do so well.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

In some people's eyes, 5-10 very good games would be 5-10 very good games more than we would get with another striker at the club... :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I want his job. Never plays, earns in excess of 50k a week for it. Has to be the steal of the century.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have heard this said before.

Two questions i suppose.

1. How low?

2. How many players are on pay as you play contracts? I have heard it mentioned but I don't know of any players actually on those contracts.

On point 2, I believe players are insured for injury, please tell me if I'm wrong, therefore the club aren't forking out the whole lot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On point 2, I believe players are insured for injury, please tell me if I'm wrong, therefore the club aren't forking out the whole lot.

I find it hard to believe this is the case for anything less than career ending injuries.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are few finer sights in football than Andy Carroll heading a ball.
This is a lovely observation. It reminds me that one of all time favourite goals is actually a textbook header on Boxing Day at Peterborough by Richie Barker - a lovely cross and a bullet header expertly executed. It just looked so proper and professional at a time when our team was absolutely gubbins and is the sort of goal you're probably thinking of when you think of Andy Carroll.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here