Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The old guard

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
They’ve served us so well and progressed the club forward. now it’s time to move them on as I’d hate to see them languishing in the squad the likes of Stephens knockeart and Murray need to be fazed out. We are a counterattacking team with our most pivotal players slower than a tanker. I can’t wait for the progression next season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I'd said that

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They’ve served us so well and progressed the club forward. now it’s time to move them on as I’d hate to see them languishing in the squad the likes of Stephens knockeart and Murray need to be fazed out. We are a counterattacking team with our most pivotal players slower than a tanker. I can’t wait for the progression next season

You seriously want us to "move on" Knocky, Stephens and Murray? The whole of the bottom half would take those 3 on in a shot. They may be under bigger pressure for their place than ever before, but all three have a huge role to play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

That has to be the biggest knee jerk of this season so far :thumbsup:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think Knocky is a hair's breadth from being an upper-level PL player. Wether he has the ability to improve, I don't know. He'd tear the Championship a new arse every season but in the PL he looks no more than just... pretty good. He tried a few things today against Chelsea which were snuffed out in an instant. I absolutely love his work rate, passion and commitment though.

Stephens is a solid player. Too good for the Championship, but at worst mediocre in the PL. At best, a standard PL player.

Murray. I love the bloke. A proper "Professional Footballer" and I have spadefuls of respect for him. However, I don't think he's the man to propel the club forward in the front ranks. Play him against the defensive numpties of the league and he'll work his Murray-Magic, but against the blistering pace of the better teams he looks very muted.

Three genuinely good players, all with their good points - and all with their 'not so good'

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

You have already started a thread today "The king is dead"

Give it a rest.

is 37 your IQ?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
murray.JPG

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hardly kneejerk just saw that bissouma and andone are the way forward for that to happen certain players need to move over

Moving over is very different to moving on, all three will have a part to play and are a big part of the team spirit that the club has thrived on for the last few years. There isn’t a bad player amongst them, yes the newbies may be better, but we definitely do not want to be binning any of the old guard just yet imo.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am broadly in favour of most of the previous posts in this thread.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's a squad game, and every season we aim to purchase players to improve the squad. We have been smart in bringing players into the matchday squad slowly and allowing them to look every part the finished article, Bong, Stephens, Murray et al still have plenty to offer

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think everybody including Murray himself would expect that he plays less and less over the next few years. But he will often take a chance if it comes to him - there will be a role for him for some time yet.

I still hope that Knockaert will improve more - we will see.

Yes you could be right we may be looking to replace Stephens with someone better sometime soon - good player for us over the last few years though

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We all hope that the squad progresses but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. The three players you mention will have a role to play in the next few seasons and are important members of our squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here