Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We Lost @home To Chelsea

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why after every loss so much doom and gloom and finger pointing at players ?

I enjoyed the game today and it was really disappointing that we were not as good in the first half as the second but look at the facts. I think Chelsea had one homegrown player as a sub, nearly all their players cost twice or three times as much than ours yet we competed.

We are progressing, currently bottom of league 2 of three leagues within the Premier League it is going to take time and patience now to progress so stick with it long term.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See posts by [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] and, er, me on other thread.

And....exhale

:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
See posts by [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] and, er, me on other thread.

And....exhale

:lolol:

Apologies if all somewhere else but really getting very bored of this finger pointing at players, we need to back them

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But it’s not the losing, that was inevitable (given we were playing one of the best teams in Europe), it was the manner of the performance for 60-70 minutes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I quite liked the fact that the only England player in the two starting lineups was in our team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No finger pointing at the players, I just think the manager should have had more faith in the adventurous and pacey players. This is not hindsight, we were discussing how the dropping of Bissouma was likely to remove any attacking flair from midfield, before a ball was kicked. Understood the starting of Murray but would have preferred Andone.

The way we set up just looked like a way of keeping the score down imo, which was disappointing to me, although I do kind of get it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The second half showed that teams like Chelsea are not invincible if you get your game plan and mindset correct. Not playing Bissouma from start was a bad move, given he didn't start we should have made 2 subs at half time not wait until later in game.

Yes we should all be proud of where we are BUT we could be better with a few tweaks and a more positive attitude.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if all somewhere else but really getting very bored of this finger pointing at players, we need to back them

This was my take on all that:

"Bit hard to score that. At the end of the season, in context, 1-2 to Chelsea among a sea of wins and disappointing draws and defeats....if may be one of those where we could have gone for it and it could have gone horrible, with a big dent to the mojo and who knows what. We are keeping the scores down against the top sides, nicking the occasional win (Arse, Manure, Manure)...and slowly consolidating.

Frankly if you had come up to me in the Theatre of Trees, at half time, in the rain, and told me we would be a bit of a meh side in the top division in 18 years, I wouldn't have been able to snap your hand off because I'd have been in floods.

Still...yes...I look forward to seeing a bit more of the new boys (all bar Ali J on the pitch towards the end today). Murray had a break on in the first half and stopped as he knew he didn't have the legs. Can't see Andone doing that...

We are transitioning from 'imposters'. Not sure what into yet. Maybe something rather good. "

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure ‘enjoyed’ is word I’d use to describe the first 70 minutes. It was pretty desperate stuff that had me contemplating leaving early for the first time in years. All a bit ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ following the last home game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bet you weren't using the word "enjoy", or any derivatives, at half-time.

He wasn't. I bumped into Beachy at half time and to say we were "concerned" was an understatement.

But it's a game of two halves.

Just wish we changed our style a little earlier.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
All sorts of frustrations along the way this season but hopefully we are seeing foundations being laid for a very interesting future.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As disappointing as the first half was, I was annoyed that there were a few boos emanating from above me from the East Upper. The players can only try and try they did. Sure it was woeful but I am in agreement that we were pretty much hamstrung in midfield by dropping Bissouma and similarly, as we were only playing one up front, the lack of pace was detrimental. The second half was much better, even before the new boys were let loose. I am also inclined to agree with [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] in that we are on the verge of making a leap up to a standard we've not seen before, we aren't being completely outclassed any longer by the best teams and the fact that Chelsea took the opportunity to time-waste long before the end was telling. We need to hold the nerve.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As disappointing as the first half was, was annoyed that there were a few boos emanating from above me from the East Upper. The players can only try and try they did. Sure it was woeful but I am in agreement that we were pretty much hamstrung in midfield by dropping Bissouma and similarly, as we were only playing one up front, the lack of pace was detrimental. The second half was much better, even before the new boys were let loose. I am also inclined to agree with [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] in that we are on the verge of making a leap up to a standard we've not seen before, we aren't being completely outclassed any longer by the best teams and the fact that Chelsea took the opportunity to time-waste long before the end was telling. We need to hold the nerve.

Totally agree and I was in ESU...pathetic bunch today ...if you wanna boo how about cheering the good stuff as well!!...really got up my nose...I think some need to give credit to the opposition sometimes...not just that its Chelsea who beat Man City last week...remind me who normally does that?...but the fact that some of Chelsea's pressing and passing was top notch...yes I got frustrated sometimes at our ability to turn attack into defence but we stayed in that game and nearly pulled off an unlikely comeback...we are getting better as a side ..and patience is sometimes required...ye everyones entitled to their opinion...well I'm just giving mine

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But it’s not the losing, that was inevitable (given we were playing one of the best teams in Europe), it was the manner of the performance for 60-70 minutes for me.

I don't think losing is inevitable we need to stop saying that and the second half showed we had a chance had we played like that for longer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think losing is inevitable we need to stop saying that and the second half showed we had a chance had we played like that for longer.

Okay badly phrased, it was more likely against a top 6 team, than it would be against anybody else. If we applied ourselves as per the Utd game, it would have ‘hurt’ less.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The first half was alright if you ask me. It was better than I thought we would do.

The goals were disappointing though.

2nd half much better.

Overall , decent performance. Play like that against lesser teams and we will be fine

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As disappointing as the first half was, I was annoyed that there were a few boos emanating from above me from the East Upper. The players can only try and try they did. Sure it was woeful but I am in agreement that we were pretty much hamstrung in midfield by dropping Bissouma and similarly, as we were only playing one up front, the lack of pace was detrimental. The second half was much better, even before the new boys were let loose. I am also inclined to agree with [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] in that we are on the verge of making a leap up to a standard we've not seen before, we aren't being completely outclassed any longer by the best teams and the fact that Chelsea took the opportunity to time-waste long before the end was telling. We need to hold the nerve.

Anyone booing the players at half time needs to take a long hard look at themselves. **** off if you're going to do that and don't come back. First half was frustrating but booing ? No way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here