Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's about time this Murray experiment was bought to an end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The team is clearly a counterattacking side in all but one position.

As Bill Belichek saying 'it's better to ship them out a year early than a year late'.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
The same Murray who had seven goals in the last eight home games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Murray is excellent at fouling and getting offside and just about one of the best in the business.
It frustrates me to see him doing this, he clearly struggles so needs to foul.

Hughton doesn't appear to notice how often he is giving possession back, that's okay in the Championship but we really don't want to be giving unnecessary possession to anyone in the Premier, let alone the big boys.

Time for a change.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A bit harsh, but you have a point in that the way we play suits a pacey no.9, which hasn't been the case up until now. Infact it's been the case that the way we have played has suited big strong hold up target man like GM.

I would hardly say get rid you can always do with having different options, and GM has shown that he still has goals in him, but our default should probably be the pace and stamina of Andone now since our midfield have improved a lot. Before we seemed to need GM's help getting up the pitch, I would say now we have much less of a problem getting up the pitch and now we need an outlet and someone to stretch defenses and run in behind.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I said on the match thread I think Murray has a different role to play now , he is fine against the lower 10 teams and defenders lacking confidence as he can bully them but he does not have the engine or 4th gear for teams away from home or the top 6 when we are sitting very deep. He thrives on crosses into the box , against top6 and away from home those wingers are more defenders than attackers so although still a great box man & hold up player he just is not going to get the ammunition in the box and will lack the support trying to hold it up.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

As Bill Belichek saying 'it's better to ship them out a year early than a year late'.

Good plan and when Andone gets Injured or suspended I have every faith that Locadia can fire in the goals to keep us in the PL!!

Murray is the best finisher bar none at the club

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Do not underestimate that Andone is facing tired, often battered defenders, Murray softens them up!

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Murray stats.PNG
    Murray stats.PNG
    398.1 KB · Views: 2,287
  • andone stats.PNG
    andone stats.PNG
    401.4 KB · Views: 2,283

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Been saying it for weeks, I think ever since the Newcastle game.

Murray still has a lot to offer, but I would start Andone in most games, with Murray used of the bench. No doubt there's no one better in the air than Murray at this club, and he's one of the best in the league, but we put enough chances his way to warrant him starting.

After what Andone done against Palace, I thought he was a definite starter today.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1st half he just gave the ball away, consistently. Not his best game but I think we can forgive him, what with him being the best striker we've had in a century ;)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The same Murray who had seven goals in the last eight home games?

You're only as good as your next game, we're not in a history class.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Murray is excellent at fouling and getting offside and just about one of the best in the business.
It frustrates me to see him doing this, he clearly struggles so needs to foul.

Hughton doesn't appear to notice how often he is giving possession back, that's okay in the Championship but we really don't want to be giving unnecessary possession to anyone in the Premier, let alone the big boys.

Time for a change.

I Agree that it's time for Andone to start, he looks a decent prospect, however, I can say it without spouting a load of Bullshit about a great servant of the club.
He went to Palace mouldy, let it go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bill Belicheck is a cheating **** though.

Never said he wasn't.
But his record would suggest he isn't only a winner at cheating.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
1st half he just gave the ball away, consistently. Not his best game but I think we can forgive him, what with him being the best striker we've had in a century ;)
Well said.

He has one bad game, and some people want him out. We wouldn't be 13th in the table if it wasn't for him.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Christ ! Narrowly lose to a top 4 team and the pitchfork mob are out.

Have a word with yourselves gentlemen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
You're only as good as your next game, we're not in a history class.

In the NSC history class it’s worth reminding everyone SB that you’ve wanted him out multiple times in the last 18 months. And then he scores again and you go quiet about it. Rinse Repeat.

D

Deleted member 2719

I Agree that it's time for Andone to start, he looks a decent prospect, however, I can say it without spouting a load of Bullshit about a great servant of the club.
He went to Palace mouldy, let it go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He seems so hungry, let's feed the lad.

It's not just the fact he went to Palace when he knew they were our rivals it's also the fact he wanted away and we didn't let him go. But I am not going over all that again mate.

I hope you were turfing any Chelsea out of our seats today!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the NSC history class it’s worth reminding everyone SB that you’ve wanted him out multiple times in the last 18 months. And then he scores again and you go quiet about it. Rinse Repeat.

It would be nice if, for once, you got your facts right.

Unlike most on here, when wrong, I have always owned my comments about Murray.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here