Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's about time this Murray experiment was bought to an end.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's about time this Murray experiment was bought to an end.

giphy.gif :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What infuriated me yesterday was to see Marray, take the ball and rather than head toward goal and/or make any attempt to reduce the 2 goal deficit, he headed straight for the corner flag. 1-0 up in the 89th. Minute maybe . . .but 2-0 down in the 35th? Horribly defeatist attitude in the first half yesterday

He made an error.I doubt he saw the opening and thought, I won't go down there, he just assumed it was closed off to him and turned out. Looked ridiculous because we all saw the game picture in that second, he didn't. A mistake rather than attitude, but like Balogun under no pressure whatsoever passing it to one of the best attacking players in the world.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We all make mistakes. The idea is to learn from them.

He made an error.I doubt he saw the opening and thought, I won't go down there, he just assumed it was closed off to him and turned out. Looked ridiculous because we all saw the game picture in that second, he didn't. A mistake rather than attitude, but like Balogun under no pressure whatsoever passing it to one of the best attacking players in the world.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure I can believe this thread...

What, a thread about a striker on equal goals as Richarlison, 1 more than Mane, Martial, 2 more than Lacazette, Sane, Lukaku, Arnautovic...not being quite good enough. :lolol:

I think it's brilliant. No one said we had to be football experts. :stupid:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Wouldn’t put Willian in that bracket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again Chris only listens to the one true voice of reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WTF.

I've got 65 minutes of booooing ahead of me.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If ever you needed a thread to reinforce what absolute ***** our fans are, this is it.

Apparently you're not even allowed one bad game in the Prem these days against good opposition.

Andone was absolutely shite at Burnley btw. But nobody mentioned it as it didn't fit the agenda.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Amen. Amen and amen.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If ever you needed a thread to reinforce what absolute ***** our fans are, this is it.

Apparently you're not even allowed one bad game in the Prem these days against good opposition.

Andone was absolutely shite at Burnley btw. But nobody mentioned it as it didn't fit the agenda.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Another bad game today then.

He looks so off the pace, has really started to look his age the last couple of months. We really need to move on and start Andone every game he’s available. I can’t think of many other teams who would consistently start a game with their best striker on the bench.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CH targeted the completely out of position Fabinho, with Murray’s experience.

Easy to scapegoat now after the very narrow loss. In general it was hard for the Albion today to both shackle a quality attacking team and be a threat at the same time.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Easy to scapegoat now after the very narrow loss. In general it was hard for the Albion today to both shackle a quality attacking team and be a threat at the same time.

No I was scapegoating before the game! I genuinely don’t have a clue why Murray started, it made absolutely no sense to me. We needed someone who could get amongst Fabinho, pressure him, stretch their defence and push us up the pitch. Murray is totally immobile nowadays he can’t do this.

Every time Andone plays we look a better side.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I was scapegoating before the game! I genuinely don’t have a clue why Murray started, it made absolutely no sense to me. We needed someone who could get amongst Fabinho, pressure him, stretch their defence and push us up the pitch. Murray is totally immobile nowadays he can’t do this.

Every time Andone plays we look a better side.

Fabinho has pace and is a quality footballer. But he does not have the aireal ability of a centre back. Whilst Murray is great in the air and has scored countless headed goals, CH’s plan made sense.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fabinho has pace and is a quality footballer. But he does not have the aireal ability of a centre back. Whilst Murray is great in the air and has scored countless headed goals, CH’s plan made sense.

But every time the ball went into their half in the air Murray was up against Van Djik

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But every time the ball went into their half in the air Murray was up against Van Djik

The plan, as discussed by Radio Sussex, was to target Fabinho’s side with balls for Murray, so based on your observation either the balls weren’t there or an under no pressure VVD had all the time in the world to command everything.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WTF.

I've got 65 minutes of booooing ahead of me.

Now I can see why you'd think we are scapegoating after a narrow loss:-

Murray Substituted for Andone at 66'minutes :lol:

But this thread is a month old and was resurrected BEFORE the game because of the considerable number of posters feeling Murray doesn't work as well as Andone, in this new system.
Specifically Murray being far to one dimensional for a defender as good as VVD.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now I can see why you'd think we are scapegoating after a narrow loss:-

Murray Substituted for Andone at 66'minutes :lol:

But this thread is a month old and was resurrected BEFORE the game because of the considerable number of posters feeling Murray doesn't work as well as Andone, in this new system.
Specifically Murray being far to one dimensional for a defender as good as VVD.

Needs a POLL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I think Murray won one competed header all game, so that worked well :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here