Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The king is dead

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Excuse me??????????

He was excellent today. Its Propper thats got to be benched, same as Stephens with the ball, but offers a fraction of Stephens when we don't

I’m not sure what game you was watching? Stephens kept losing possesion, passing sideways or backwards. It was mentioned by Danny Higginbotham, who was commentating on the game, of how poor Stephens had been today.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Nor do I need to, or really want to agree with a pundit, but Stephens was one of the few players out there who you could say underperformed.

It was his first game back aftrer a period out, I was impressed how up to speed he was. Broke them up a lot during our better periods and didn't really give it away. Few too many fouls, yes.

and Propper?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He's always done it, it's part of his game. He's just doing it more frequently now he's up against better opposition.
Strikers have found him out. He is slow, ponderous and a good bet to give away free kicks in dangerous places.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Excuse me??????????

He was excellent today. Its Propper thats got to be benched, same as Stephens with the ball, but offers a fraction of Stephens when we don't

What? Propper was phenomenal.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Propper made our goal today no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - the one forward pass he made in the game. Why can't he do that more often

What? Propper was phenomenal.

I have to say I don't understand that point of view. Every time he gets the ball he plays a simple ball, usually backwards to the defence. So does Stephens. Without the ball Propper marks space. Stephens tackles, intercepts gets stuck in, competes. Propper waits for someone else to win the ball, pass it to him so that he can then pass sideways or backwards to a defender.

His passes were all very neat. Is that what you call phenomenal? He played one awesome ball out to Gross which led to the goal. Stephens does that sometimes as well.

I just want one of them in the team, alongside Bissouma who has drive and pace. I'd rather it was Stephens, because if its Propper the opposition will just pass it around him

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Yes - the one forward pass he made in the game. Why can't he do that more often

I have to say I don't understand that point of view. Every time he gets the ball he plays a simple ball, usually backwards to the defence. So does Stephens. Without the ball Propper marks space. Stephens tackles, intercepts gets stuck in, competes. Propper waits for someone else to win the ball, pass it to him so that he can then pass sideways or backwards to a defender.

His passes were all very neat. Is that what you call phenomenal? He played one awesome ball out to Gross which led to the goal. Stephens does that sometimes as well.

I just want one of them in the team, alongside Bissouma who has drive and pace. I'd rather it was Stephens, because if its Propper the opposition will just pass it around him

Well that forward pass is something Stephens hasn’t done for about 12 months lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Stephens improved when Bissouma came on as Propper went into the holding role freeing Stephens up to get that little bit more forward and tackle the opposition higher up the pitch. He still fouled them but in less dangerous positions and he still miss placed some of his passes but more of them were forward and slightly more accurate. Seems 4-1-4-1 with Propper holding is a better match for the players we have in the midfield especially when trying to be offensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here