Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strictly Final

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly at a tangent, I remember Robin Cousens talking about his ice skating, and his cousin, who was a professional rugby player. The ice dancer's training routine was far more brutal.

I believe Cousins lives in or around Ferring these days. Seen him on the seafront with his very cute French Bulldog

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Slightly at a tangent, I remember Robin Cousens talking about his ice skating, and his cousin, who was a professional rugby player. The ice dancer's training routine was far more brutal.

Interesting, the height Cousins used to generate on his jumps was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I’m clearly missing something. Irrespective of backgrounds what is the point of a dancing competition if the best dancer doesn’t win? :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m clearly missing something. Irrespective of backgrounds what is the point of a dancing competition if the best dancer doesn’t win? :shrug:

It's all about the journey really( as trite a reason that is) as the best dancer rarely wins.

It is a difficult balance as there is a backlash against the " professional entertainers" ...we had this last year with debbie McGhee...who runs a ballet school....ad of course Faye was in STEPS and Ashley in the pussycat dolls...both entertainers, whereas joe was a youtuber and Stacey a reporter.

In the US it doesn't seem to matter as Nicole Schertzinger won it...another pussycat doll.

Ashley was never going to win it even though she wa the best dancer. Faye was close to her, but Stacey was partnered by Kevin who is everyone's favourite.

There is an annual,argument as to if it is an dancing competition or an entertainment competition. But personally anything that gets Zoe ball and Claudia winkelman on our TVs is ok with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here