Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking in Lewes tomorrow?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Going to match from east tomorrow (usually from London).

Was going to park at Polegate, but train times aren't great.

What's parking like in Lewes on a Sunday? Obv near station. Don't mind paying.

Alternatively: Racecourse is relatively quiet park 'n' ride, right? What's the road up there like before matches? Mega-busy?

Any steer appreciated. Ta.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know about lewes parking, but wouldn't you hit the Amex traffic if you're coming from that direction toward the racecourse P&R? And if you then go through town along lewes road you'll have to go past the building works at preston barracks that are causing some issues with the roads there. I'd imagine even if lewes isn't perfect, it would still be better than the racecourse P&R?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think car parks in Lewes are free on Sundays, but not certain. I' sure somebody on here will confirm.
If so, park in the car park off the roundabout off Friars Walk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know about lewes parking, but wouldn't you hit the Amex traffic if you're coming from that direction toward the racecourse P&R? And if you then go through town along lewes road you'll have to go past the building works at preston barracks that are causing some issues with the roads there. I'd imagine even if lewes isn't perfect, it would still be better than the racecourse P&R?

Yeah, Racecourse is third choice, tbh.

(Thanks Dazzer)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah, Racecourse is third choice, tbh.

(Thanks Dazzer)

Often park in North St (just past the Police Station on the left) - ok even on a Saturday and 5 mins walk or so from the station. If it’s full, there’s another car park 100 yards further down the road on the corner which always has space.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Alternatively: Racecourse is relatively quiet park 'n' ride, right? What's the road up there like before matches? Mega-busy?

Burger Bar on A27 has car park(take Kingston road from roundabout) 100 m from bus stop...Free and easy bus ride there and back

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Public car park in North Street/Spring Gardens, parked there before on a Sunday, free parking.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Car parking in Lewes in streets near the station is free. And about 90 minutes before match relatively easy to find if you're ok with a 5-10 minute walk. Gets a bit tighter about 60 minutes out.
On a sunday, the station car park which is obviously the nearest and expensive at other times, is £2.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keep pondering on using the 29 from Lewes, what are they like crowd wise particularly on the way back? Are they better than the 45' or so train queue.

A friend of ours parks near the prison/hospital and catches the 29. He normally stops for a cup of tea after the game, and then catches the bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here