Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City and empty seats. Today

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just chatting to a mate who is a Manc and he just said that a lot of the matches between the top sides and the lower sides are just not attractive anymore to the fans had they are seeing more and more unsold seats.

He was saying that a lot of the fans are coming round to the European league idea as they are the only games that they get excited about....of course then when they qualify in the CL, the following matches against European teams who have nothing on it tend to be underattended anyway!

Maybe the likes of the top five should bugger off and play in Europe then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just chatting to a mate who is a Manc and he just said that a lot of the matches between the top sides and the lower sides are just not attractive anymore to the fans had they are seeing more and more unsold seats.

He was saying that a lot of the fans are coming round to the European league idea as they are the only games that they get excited about....of course then when they qualify in the CL, the following matches against European teams who have nothing on it tend to be underattended anyway!

Pretty sure that any slack in manc attendences could be taken up by football tourism if it came to it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Then the tourists will get bored with that after a few years. Isn't it really they are going back to their real level of their support.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
City have never been a club that were smashing attendance record week in week out, for the most part the stadiums in the top 4 appear to be full no matter who the opponent is, liverpool and chelsea two good examples. Whilst I understand it must be somewhat boring for a city fan, its clear that spending billions and achieving accordingly has its downsides too. We shouldn't change the structure of the league just to suit one club, a club that is recognised for having abnormal amounts of 'plastic fans'. Most other top 4 clubs fill their stadiums week in week out, just cause city can't doesn't mean we need the top 5 to split away.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I would hate to win week in, week out. Must get so boring. I guess Celtic fans feel the same. I would much rather be in our position where we can genuinely celebrate a win, rather than expect one...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Citeh constantly advertise regular seat tickets on TalkShite.

Interesting that they can’t sell out when each match is a Mansour-petro-$$$$ guaranteed victory. Sited in 2.5M population conurbation, with cheap ticket prices.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
City now hold a large allocation of Corporate seats now for Middle Eastern Business. They are not the sort that turn up every week and have a pie and a bovril

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You can understand the empty seats today, cold and wet, who would want to enjoy the Withdean experience in the PL

I get you, but I do love going to live games. Nothing like it, even if your knees are piss wet through, the rain running down your face - and at the time you wish you were sat on a warm sofa in your comfies with Sky commentary, action replays, and a cold beer in your hand, no worries about parking or driving home... err... hang on. Anyone want my season ticket? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Poor city fans, what was the excuse for the same empty seats when playing Walsall, Cambridge, Gillingham etc every week? I suppose everyone was Xmas shopping then too...in February...

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

I forget the CL group game City needed to win at home to qualify last season. I do remember the commentator being amazed at about 10k empty seats for the game tho. Think it has been a common problem there since they moved in. There support isn't all what they think it is I believe.....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Less is more. We need less Citeh’s and more Albions in football

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
They sold out to the Arabs and now nothing more than a rich mans toy, I bet their hardcore fans miss Maine Road and up and down through the leagues

I know one fan who has supported them since the 60's. Proper Citeh.

He remembers the bad times, he remembers being a nobody next to United fans, and he's enjoying the success. But.... I can't help but observe he's just a bit, well... soulless now.

As a supporter of a club on a knife edge, it's exhilarating - good and bad. As a supporter of a club with a goal difference in bingo numbers, it must be quite boring. Most weeks it's not 'will we win' - but 'how many goals will we win by..'

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I know one fan who has supported them since the 60's. Proper Citeh.

He remembers the bad times, he remembers being a nobody next to United fans, and he's enjoying the success. But.... I can't help but observe he's just a bit, well... soulless now.

As a supporter of a club on a knife edge, it's exhilarating - good and bad. As a supporter of a club with a goal difference in bingo numbers, it must be quite boring. Most weeks it's not 'will we win' - but 'how many goals will we win by..'

Souless, exactly, that's what I was thinking. How can they ever feel like we felt when we beat Palace ?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Better control of top club spending to create a more balanced league would make a lot more games genuinely exciting even if it leads to a few less ‘superstars’ on show for the global market.

There’s no reason that should be any less attractive for the TV audience and arguably watching more knife-edge games with a less predictable outcome would be more attractive to both those at the ground and those watching on TV.

It’ll never happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here