Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea’s finest supporters......

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
In the Goldstone days, it was common place for the whole North stand to make gas hissing noises when we played Spurs. I'm ashamed to say, that as a teenager, I thoughtlessly joined in. Although it was strangely acceptable at the time, or so it seemed, I can't believe that we, or more importantly 'I' did it. Disgusting behaviour as of course is all racism that thankfully seems to be all but eradicated at the Amex.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In the Goldstone days, it was common place for the whole North stand to make gas hissing noises when we played Spurs. I'm ashamed to say, that as a teenager, I thoughtlessly joined in. Although it was strangely acceptable at the time, or so it seemed, I can't believe that we, or more importantly 'I' did it. Disgusting behaviour as of course is all racism that thankfully seems to be all but eradicated at the Amex.

Some people have moved on and grown up. However it’s quite clear when you see the pictures from the latest incidents that some haven’t.

There will always be an element at every club, ours included, who will overstep the mark, think it’s more a case of whether they get called out for it or for others to join in sheeplike as per your example!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So we can assume they'll be adding homophobia to their racism this weekend?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I mean.....

What hope is there?

does he not see the irony?

Replying to @danlevene @talkSPORT
My daughter asked me why everyone hates Chelsea fans..how many kids are going to get bullied at school because you continue to sensationalise it make a point of banning the “y” word not branding fans as racist for singing a 50 year old football chant

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I mean.....

What hope is there?

does he not see the irony?

Replying to @danlevene @talkSPORT
My daughter asked me why everyone hates Chelsea fans..how many kids are going to get bullied at school because you continue to sensationalise it make a point of banning the “y” word not branding fans as racist for singing a 50 year old football chant

Jesus.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
self appointed Chelsea's finest Jason Mariner

Jason-Marriner.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This will make the perfect story for the media.

The scrutiny on their fans on Sunday will be microscopic!

The trinity of racism, anti-Semitism and homophobia all in 1 week. Amazing.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Two matches in a row.........must be looking forward to their hat-trick on Sunday after giving it to Sterling and Jews so far this week......lots of chatter on the radio this morning about how they’ll be massively under the spotlight.

‘You’re just a club full of racists’ perhaps.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46561167

We need to get on this big style on Sunday. It's not an offensive chant so we can't get done - and the same as Burnley last season they will 100% respond with a homophobic chant in the vein of 'town full of...' If we offer the bait they will take it - they won't be able to help themselves.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not going to tar all Chelsea fans with one brush, I mean David Baddiel and Roddy Doyle are Chelsea fans for God's sake, but in all my encounters with them in the last 50 years at Albion matches and when I've been to Stamford Bridge as a neutral, I've been struck (once literally) by the large proportion of them who are not your regular fan types, but are older, nasty, and racist. In the early 70s Chelsea had a major skinhead following and that culture and attitude still pervades.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not going to tar all Chelsea fans with one brush, I mean David Baddiel and Roddy Doyle are Chelsea fans for God's sake, but in all my encounters with them in the last 50 years at Albion matches and when I've been to Stamford Bridge as a neutral, I've been struck (once literally) by the large proportion of them who are not your regular fan types, but are older, nasty, and racist. In the early 70s Chelsea had a major skinhead following and that culture and attitude still pervades.

A longtime acquaintance of mine, now in his early 60s was part of the 'group' that met in a pub beforehand, then went to the Chelsea game ONLY if there were no black players in the team, and at the game stood with back to the pitch mouthing at people and looking for people to fight after the game. I have spent a long hour discussing this with him. The football and the racism were irrelevant - it was all about the risk, danger and general buzz. He had mental health issues (depression, especially seasonal, and attention-defecit being part of it).

You will never eradicate racism and homophobia. I don't care. As long as it remains illegal, and people get arrested, banned for football, banged up or sent on graffiti removal manouvres, all nicely reported in the media, generally shamed, possibly sacked from their job, driven into an increasingly small and militant and self destructive band of cockwombles - or take a ****ing good look at themselves and change, then I'm happy.

Still, I would absolutely laugh my bollocks off if Abramovic says '**** you, I'm off'. As we saw under his predecessor, Chelsea do not have the fan base, cachet or earning potential to do anything other than implode and slip down the leagues like a West London version of the Mackems as they attempt to unload players and deal with a cash flow problem that would make the Haitian encomy looke like a damned good investment opportunity..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here