Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

40 years ago today: Three trains went to Notts...

0 Not allowed!
    ... went to Nottingham Forest,
    three trains two trains one train and it's band of fans, went to Nottingham Forest

for our only ever appearance in the quarter finals of the FLC (would be more than happy to be corrected on that one!).
    Were you one of the unlucky ones on the other two trains ?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ... went to Nottingham Forest,
      three trains two trains one train and it's band of fans, went to Nottingham Forest

for our only ever appearance in the quarter finals of the FLC (would be more than happy to be corrected on that one!).
      Were you one of the unlucky ones on the other two trains ?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
      Nope, went by coach. Was grateful two didn't get to the ground, we were packed in tight in the away end without the extras.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Nope, went by coach. Was grateful two didn't get to the ground, we were packed in tight in the away end without the extras.
      Amazing when we scored. Was that night the debut of the cringe worthy “we’re proud of you” chant?
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Expect plenty of (deserved) grief for that remark! As I recall, we were in the side. This was before its redevelopment as it was a large stand under which there were no seats. The only other times I can remember us being put in such sides were at Orient, Blackpool, Leeds Road and Elm Park. (also Swindon and Hereford in 1997 but they were double deckers).

0 Not allowed!
      I was on that train stuck in Kettering I think. So frustrating. I had a radio and was very popular as there was a major crush in my carriage as people tried to listen to the game. Remember the train finally moved after several hours to be greeted by loads of police on the station with dogs and riot shields expecting a smashed up train, they were surprised that there no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

0 Not allowed!
      Around 74 coaches made it? Also went to Hove Town Hall for the free showing
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I was on train no.3. Made it as far as Kettering before it turned back. I remember it being stuck at Neasden for ages. Not many trains in those days could go through straight through London except by little used back routes. Free sandwiches at East Croydon. Strangely enough I’ve still never been to Nottingham in my whole life
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      I was on train no.3. Made it as far as Kettering before it turned back. I remember it being stuck at Neasden for ages. Not many trains in those days could go through straight through London except by little used back routes. Free sandwiches at East Croydon. Strangely enough I’ve still never been to Nottingham in my whole life
      Actually they did. The direct service from Manchester to Brighton each way , used to divert off just past Clapham Junction and carry on through Kensington Olympia. However, there were speed restrictions and some single track navigation I believe.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      We suffered a breakdown too ... on the M1.

Left the car on the hard shoulder and, highly illegally, thumbed a lift. Jamie Baker, the then Argus reporter gave us a lift.

On the way back, I walked around the coach park seeing if any coaches had spare seats - got a lift back from the Varndean coach - didn't hear about the trains till later.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      Expect plenty of (deserved) grief for that remark! As I recall, we were in the side. This was before its redevelopment as it was a large stand under which there were no seats. The only other times I can remember us being put in such sides were at Orient, Blackpool, Leeds Road and Elm Park. (also Swindon and Hereford in 1997 but they were double deckers).
      Wigan, Wimbledon (Shitehole park)....?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite