Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] May your vote.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Of course she’ll be gone after Brexit. Bloody hope so for her own health, she’s earnt it! I cannot think of a single credible politician who had the support of MPs and the electorate who would have done a better job - can you? Not allowed to use hindsight btw. Cameron’s just resigned, it’s the morning after the big vote, the country is still in shock, step forward...who?

Mrs Bean...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So 57% of the voting public didn’t want her at the last election, now 37% of her own MPs don’t want her! And this is the person we have entrusted to lead us through the most turbulent of times!

Laughable, almost as laughable as her entrance at the Tory party conference...

Look at the referendum percentages. Is that laughable, too?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Look at the referendum percentages. Is that laughable, too?

Sorry, not sure what you are getting at? I was demonstrating that the majority of people, including a large percentage of her own MPs don't trust Mrs May.

Quite possibly I have never forgiven her for her time as Home Secretary and the way she shafted the police - deluded clown then and nothing has changed.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, not sure what you are getting at? I was demonstrating that the majority of people, including a large percentage of her own MPs don't trust Mrs May.

Quite possibly I have never forgiven her for her time as Home Secretary and the way she shafted the police - deluded clown then and nothing has changed.

Tackling pension and work conditions makes enemies for life.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
By a far greater margin than the leave vote.

Some people seem to want to re-draw lines to suit their agenda!

rees-mogg_topHat.jpg

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

More people voted for her at the last GE than anyone else. More percentage of her own MP's do back her rather than don't.

Strong and stable, in't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Strong and stable, in't.
To be fair, she was advocating that the public vote for her party, such that we were strong and stable - but the country didn't vote conservative, we have a minority government, so we're not strong and stable.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
To be fair, she was advocating that the public vote for her party, such that we were strong and stable - but the country didn't vote conservative, we have a minority government, so we're not strong and stable.

Damn right!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

But her approval rating from her own party is far higher than the percentage who voted to leave the EU. Her vote at the General Election was also higher than the other party leaders, all of whom had more than 50% not vote for them. Yet you say it’s laughable that she’s continuing as leader. That “large percentage” that don’t trust her isn’t actually that large by comparison.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That is simply how democracy works, get over it. Or would you rather we had a leader who even fewer people voted for?

No, I'm all for democracy and how it works, I just don't get how when even your own parties MPs are turning against you that Mrs May can be so vain* / stubborn* / thick* (*delete as applicable).

Go now, and let someone else sort out the mess we are in as clearly she has got us to a position where no-one wins and she hasn't got a clue how to make things better.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I'm all for democracy and how it works, I just don't get how when even your own parties MPs are turning against you that Mrs May can be so vain* / stubborn* / thick* (*delete as applicable).

Go now, and let someone else sort out the mess we are in as clearly she has got us to a position where no-one wins and she hasn't got a clue how to make things better.

As Heseltine reminded us today, Maggie got fewer votes in a leadership challenge and....resigned.

I can understand May remaining (as PM) though. She thinks she's the best man for this job. And she's probably right.

If it were a different job (not 'fulfilling the willy of the people', but actually making a smart decision in the nation's best interest) however then there is a number of candidates....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Go now, and let someone else sort out the mess we are in
Whom? An MP who is even less supported I presume.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here