Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Crumpets

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hadn’t had them for a while but got some tonight. Is there much better with a brew?

Now I like mine simple. Just shy of burnt and absolutely pissing in butter.

Simple question: What do you have on your crumpets?

C2763C48-7B65-472B-9F29-FDFA7A7FF64A.jpeg

Night shift, bored.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Trypophobia.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Buttered to within an inch of their lives and then smothered in my mate Marmite. Served as hot as I can having burnt my fingers and applied the toppings in seconds. Lovely.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Shave a chunk of Lincolnshire poacher as finely as my mandolin will do it, and layer on 7 or 8 slices while the crumpets are still hot. The lower layers melt down into the butter-sodden crumpet, creating a heart attack on a plate.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Do you genuinely have that? I know some people’s is triggered by crumpets. Not me though, I love the buttery little buggers.

I do, genuinely, but it won't stop me from eating a crumpet. It's only a mild aversion for me but some people can be crippled by it.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I also just very recently rediscovered crumpets after not having had them in a while. Since then I've been on a crumpet eating binge every morning when I have two for breakfast. I've only been eating them with butter recently but in the past I've topped them with either cheddar cheese or marmite.

This has got me thinking. Does anybody top their crumpets with sweet spreads such as jam, marmalade or honey? The thought to do so never even occured to me before, and Ive always stuck with the savoury spreads and toppings, I've no idea why.

Why is a crumpet less suited to sweet than toasted bread? Have they got a higher salt content? Can"t compare as I've just moved on to waffles (with maple syrup) for breakfast so no crumpets in the house at the moment

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Butter.
Butter And Cheese.
Butter And Peanut Butter.

Butter And Nutella.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Dripping with butter and either Mama's(the nice French brand!) raspberry or strawberry jam.......but reading above used to have with lime marmalade and shall be buying some soon!! Have previously also had with cheese on and poached eggs and all winners!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dripping with butter and either Mama's(the nice French brand!) raspberry or strawberry jam.......but reading above used to have with lime marmalade and shall be buying some soon!! Have previously also had with cheese on and poached eggs and all winners!

I had a poached egg on one once. It was wrong. The textures don’t marry well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You utter *******. I'm sitting at Brighton Station having been up since 5:30 and I'll be on trains until gone 9:00am when I arrive at Tunbridge Wells. I am already VERY hungry and the thought of a couple of hot (salty) buttered crumpets right now would be AMAZING.

Anyway, any of:

- butter
- butter and Marmite
- a mature cheddar, lobbed back under the grill to melt the cheese good and proper

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here