Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Warm coat recommendations

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
My Barbour coat has disappointingly not lasted too well (holes that needed patching, and 2 zips broken so far) and I'm reluctant to spend money on another one. I feel the cold a lot (damn arthritis) so am after a long coat that will keep out the cold and the wind as much as possible as well as being waterproof for going to football etc.

Anyone happy to recommend their coat?

Thanks NSC!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Norse Project Goretex jobby. It is so warm I have not actually worn it yet

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Canada Goose if money is no object.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Canada Goose if money is no object.

Unless you're in a climate which is well below freezing a lot of the time, Canada Goose is a bit pointless. People just buy them to "be seen" in a Canada Goose jacket.

It also annoys the animal rights protestors, which I guess is a positive or negative depending on your point-of-view!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My bench coat, bought from the club shop about seven years ago is still wearing well and keeping me nice and toasty during cold weather. Only coat #40 odd quid l seem to remember, probably a bit more expensive now, but l think you could do worse.

Depends how much you want to spend, and where you want to wear it I guess.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Last winter Mrs W brought me a Superdry coat ( I'm not allowed to buy my own clothes ! ) and it's wonderfully warm - not had to wear it this year ...... yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last winter Mrs W brought me a Superdry coat ( I'm not allowed to buy my own clothes ! ) and it's wonderfully warm - not had to wear it this year ...... yet.

Is this “age appropriate” for you? :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Unless you're in a climate which is well below freezing a lot of the time, Canada Goose is a bit pointless. People just buy them to "be seen" in a Canada Goose jacket.

It also annoys the animal rights protestors, which I guess is a positive or negative depending on your point-of-view!

Surely that's completely subjective?

If someone feels the cold and likes being really hot all the time then they might as well get the warmest coat possible :shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My advice is either buy a coat that is 100% wool or a coat that has a large percentage of duck down. M & S sell good quality coats at reasonable prices for the quality.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here