Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Daily Mirror are reporting that Liverpool are considering a move for Pascal Gross

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Abject nonsense on various levels.

Pascal is too slow for Liverpool's style. Lallana barely gets game time in the same role.

If anyone did want him, they would need to offer a fair bit more than £15m.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This one has a low plausibility rating.

1) He would be the slowest Liverpool player since Neil Ruddock
2) They're not exactly understocked in those positions
3) He's worth more to us than he is to them

The only possibility is that he is desperate for more money and not bothered about playing and so will force a move. I don't know the lad, but from the way he comes across on pitch I'd say this is very unlikely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't suit Liverpool's style, and worth far, far more than £15m. Complete non-starter.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just noticed this on the 'Liverpool news and transfers LIVE' section of The Liverpool Echo site about it as well:

Gross Link
Brighton’s Pascal Gross has emerged as a shock target for Liverpool according to the Mirror.

Alex Crook reckons Jurgen Klopp is ‘considering’ a £15m raid for the 27-year-old, who was Brighton’s player of the season last term.

The German has made just eight appearances through injury during the new campaign, however, netting one goal.

Klopp reportedly sees the former Ingolstadt star as a cheaper alternative to Nabil Fekir.

If this happens I’ll ride a skateboard to Brighton and back.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...liverpool-news-transfers-live-napoli-15529222

(and looking at the photo on Twitter of the journalist Sam Carroll who wrote the above, he looks young enough to be a skateboard user too - https://twitter.com/samcarroll0?lang=en )

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Maybe they would use him in a similar fashion as to how they deploy Firmino? Not particularly quick, not even a natural striker, but uses his footballing intelligence to bring the more dynamic players into the game, also a very good finisher.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've got a vision of the unveiling ceremony for their new signing.

Announcer - (in a thick scouse accent) "and now, I introduce to you, the newest member of the red arrows, Pascal Gross")

Camera cuts to Gross's face looking rather sheepish

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
He's not quick but they have a front 3 that are lightning. He'd register a lot of assists (or assists of assists) from a deep position.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It seems a good return on a £3 million investment, but he is definitely worth more to us, it showed how much we need him when he was out.

Also not sure he would be a good fit at Liverpool, mainly because the one attribute where he lacks is pace, something Liverpool have in abundance, however another quality that Liverpool have is work rate, he definitely has the work rate required.

Would be sorry to see him go, but although i said £15 million is a good return, think Liverpool would need to up that considerably before we would be interested after all, you only get a Locadia for that sort of money, do they not want him instead?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
And Shaquiri is no lithe whippet either..

Although not seen as fast, Gross certainly has the engine, as some of his distance run/per game stats bore out last year.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This has been doing the rounds for a few weeks. I also read that he has an £18m buy out clause.
Personally, I’d like to see him stay at BHA as as a player I think he would have a far more prominent part to play. However, if you look back to Klopp’s early days at BD, he is the type of player he has gone for. Speed from midfield is not essential, picking a pass is.
With LFC looking at Hazard and Dembele as wing options, another squad player who can use his brain and doesn’t mind not being a first choice pick would enrich the squad. Lallana is not in Klopps long term plans do a cheaper version would be attractive.
I really hope he stays at Brighton if the rumours are true, Liverpool can afford other options I don’t think BHA can afford to replace him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here