Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron. Seasoned properly they are indestructible and are perfect for hob to oven use and are ideal for induction. At the beginning it takes some patience improving the seasoning but once done it is only maintenance. Had mine for over 10 years and it gets better with every use. Less than 40 quid too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Le Creuset stainless steel shallow casserole

https://www.lecreuset.co.uk/3-ply-st...llow-casserole

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

0 Not allowed!
      I've got a set of circulon pans and they're fab. Le creuset good too but heavy to handle and hard to clean.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You want an old fashioned “arcoflam” pan where you can transfer to the oven then with a squeeze of a button, remove the plastic handle, reversing it when you want to withdraw it. Turns the frying pan into an ovenproof dish.
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find

0 Not allowed!
      Check out the Fundix range - they are induction compatible and have easily detachable handles for use in the oven

Name:  original.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  85.2 KBName:  images.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  5.1 KB
      برايتون حتى أموت

1 Not allowed!
      You know when you wish you hadn't asked a question? That.

There's no consensus in the replies, and I've been given three more options to be put into the mixer for consideration!

I've spent so much f'ing time trying to decide - I'm tempted to buy three of different types and see how I get on.

I know that cast iron, a la Forge, has a lot going for it: great heat retention, probably the best searing, evenness of temperature etc, but I'm not sure I can be arsed to deal with the seasoning and I'm worried about not being able to use acids in them - so no tomatoes, no wine-based sauces etc. Hmm. @Bwian what do you use for acid sauces/liquid cooking?

All clad look great and multi-purpose, with no restrictions on acids, but they're stainless, with all the disadvantages that comes with that material. @El Presidente - how non-stick is your le creuset casserole (not that I'm looking for true non-stick, but my experience with s/s is that it sticks badly)? Also, can you get a decent caramelised layer on meats/fish?

Pro hardened anodised? Searing? Really? Also, I don't know a pro chef who uses them - why not? But - tempting due to superior out of the box non-stickability.

FFS.

PS I notice that @Yes Chef popped onto the thread to give me a thumbs up and promptly buggered off again. Sensible man.
      Last edited by Goldstone1976; 11-12-2018 at 14:24.
      2A

1 Not allowed!
      For sauces and liquid I use an enamelled cast iron saucepan and sometimes the Lodge fry pan. It comes pre-seasoned but as you use it the non stick gets better and better. I keep it in the oven when cooking other things, very light coat of oil, very light, and leave it in the oven. It takes tomato sauces and curries and never sticks and the coating is unaffected. I've only got one non-cast iron pan now which is my steamer. The Lodge is so much easier to clean than Le Creuset. I bought a cheap £14.99 enamelled cast iron fry pan ftom Aldi (plus their cast iron tagine which I use for roasting) and it is way easier than Le Crueset.

There's a cast iron fry pan on Amazon made in Ukraine, detachable wooden handle and it is also good for induction to oven. BIOL is the brand name, 26cm, £24.90. Nearly as good as the Lodge one. It all depends what you're looking for but I prefer cast iron now over chemical non stick.

Seasoning is easy-30 seconds after washing and drying.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

2 Not allowed!
      I would love to know if anybody has ever posted an enquiry about a frying pan for colouring a poussin on, say, a Burnley or Middlesbrough fans forum.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      I would love to know if anybody has ever posted an enquiry about a frying pan for colouring a poussin on, say, a Burnley or Middlesbrough fans forum.
      Think I could hazard an answer to that question

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      "Nowt as queer as folk from Brighton" is probably the crossover point between the fora for those two clubs and ours.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Think I could hazard an answer to that question
      Me too!
      2A