Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sour Grapes - maybe...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We played pretty well. We were the better side. We stuck to our style while they hoofed it everywhere. We just lacked something in the final third, poor finishing and bad luck.

We battled against homer Martin Atkinson a little again. Burnley fans keep the ball for 45 secs and he adds nothing into the 5 - it took them 30 secs to take that throw at the end. Their time wasting was quite frankly disgraceful.

Sean Dyche is the biggest foul mouthed oga of a manager going. Everytime the camera cut to him he was either moaning at the 4th official f’ing constantly or gobbing all over the pitch. A truely nasty *******.

They were completely shit & I hope they and their proportion of racist and homophobic fans go down. Horrible club.

At least we beat the scum and he pressure was off - and at least the scum lost again :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We played pretty well. We were the better side. We stuck to our style while they hoofed it everywhere. We just lacked something in the final third, poor finishing and bad luck.

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts too.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

We battled against homer Martin Atkinson a little again. Burnley fans keep the ball for 45 secs and he adds nothing into the 5 - it took them 30 secs to take that throw at the end. Their time wasting was quite frankly disgraceful.

Sean Dyche is the biggest foul mouthed oga of a manager going. Everytime the camera cut to him he was either moaning at the 4th official f’ing constantly or gobbing all over the pitch. A truely nasty *******.

They were completely shit & I hope they and their proportion of racist and homophobic fans go down. Horrible club.

At least we beat the scum and he pressure was off - and at least the scum lost again :)

This :)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Dyche under pressure was moaning about every single decision that didnt go Burnleys way ... strangely enough David Moyes was at the game ..... hopefully to take over and make a poor team even poorer ... has to be the worst opponents we have faced this season in prem

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Douche moans all the time to mask his own shortcomings and his team’s medieval playing style.

Disappointing defeat, personally thought Atkinson was light years ahead of his Cardiff performance, so no blame there for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Mid-table mediocrity will often be.... mediocre.

Wasn't a 'mare,
Wasn't much if anything really.
(Didn't see it, relied on streaming radio and the miracle of a VPN, so may have missed the gist....)

Still hung over from Palace anyways....

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Hate Burnley and thought that we possibly deserved a point but I didn’t notice anything controversial with Atkinson and I hardly think we can complain about time wasting.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apparently we had 62% possession today:-

[TWEET]1071452669728960513[/TWEET]

That has to be the highest for an away game since we were promoted to the Premier League, surely?

Apart from last week against 10-man Huddersfield, I thought our ball retention and passing, particularly in the first-half, was the best I've seen from an Albion side away from home in that period.

What a shame it was Murray who put that ball into the box, rather than being on the end of it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Can live with most of that.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Our passing in the first 20 minutes or so was sublime, then we sat back again once Burnley made some attempt to play.
No problem with ref.
We just lacked that killer instinct.
Douche is a particularly unpleasant character.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This all day long

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
We had good periods of possession, but weren't creative enough. I thought Burnley defended really well, and although I hate the result, I don't have problems with it. What I'm annoyed at is we really missed that eejit Duffy. We would have had more threat on set pieces, and maybe he would have blocked their goal. Horrible conditions: hope our traveling lot got cozy quickly.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We had good periods of possession, but weren't creative enough. I thought Burnley defended really well, and although I hate the result, I don't have problems with it. What I'm annoyed at is we really missed that eejit Duffy. We would have had more threat on set pieces, and maybe he would have blocked their goal. Horrible conditions: hope our traveling lot got cozy quickly.
Spot on. We did miss Duffy. Could have swung it out way

theboybilly

Balogun was excellent, Tarkowski's effort could have gone anywhere. We deserved so much more out of that game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, sour grapes. They won playing their way and we lost playing (against 11 away from home, like we do more often than not in the PL) our way.

You think that was one of our ‘typical’ boring away performances? I thought it was completely different. We’d have won that on another day 40% of the time and drawn 40% of the time - unfortunately we got the unlucky 20% today imo.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Balogun was excellent, Tarkowski's effort could have gone anywhere. We deserved so much more out of that game.

Leon was solid, but from what I saw he didn't offer the attacking threat on set pieces that Shane has in recent weeks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here