Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getaway from Bridge Carpark?

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I will be using the Bridge Carpark for the first time for the Everton match. We intend to leave immediately after the match. I would like to know approximately how long it would take to exit the car park?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I will be using the Bridge Carpark for the first time for the Everton match. We intend to leave immediately after the match. I would like to know approximately how long it would take to exit the car park?

You should be out by...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Normally takes on average about half hour.
Depending on whether you're planning on a formula 1 getaway.
Just watch out for some old geezer from Shoreham, that may be driving a lawnmower :cool:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If you go straight to the car after the final whistle it will take you minimum 40 mins to get out. You may as well stay in the ground for that amount of time and then get out much quicker later on. If you want to get away quicker you will need to leave before the game finishes unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Sounds like the new Jason Statham flick

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The key to a stress free exit at The Bridge Car Park is get there at least 1 & 1/2 hours before ko and park close to the exits reversing into the chosen space, and leave at least 45 mins after if you can.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It’s a nightmare.

Get there as early as you can and park as close to the exit as you can, otherwise you might as well stay and watch the results after the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I use the Bridge a lot if I'm taking the Mrs or the Father in Law to a game. (If it's just me and the lad we enjoy the train).

Yes to arriving early and getting near to the exit, but if you want to guarantee a quick getaway you need to leave on 87 and jog down the hill back to the car park!! Otherwise, it's taken me 40 mins to an hour to get out most times. It's horrendous.

It's not as if it's traffic past the actual bridge is holding me up either - it's simply single-filing out and getting through it. Once I've turned right and am on the A27 it's a breeze getting home...

If it's the Summer, or if the weather is lovely, I'll happily stay for the final whistle then hang around on the concourse or outside the ground for it to calm down. However, in the freezing cold, pitch dark and driving rain I have to admit I want to get home as quickly as I can - and I (very sadly) usually leave just before the end if I've brought the car.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks for all your advice. I was told today that we would not be taking the car stated on the print at home parking ticket. Contacted the ticket office to be told I am unable to transfer the new car registration to the ticket. I would have to purchase a new parking ticket at £15. That's not going to happen.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for all your advice. I was told today that we would not be taking the car stated on the print at home parking ticket. Contacted the ticket office to be told I am unable to transfer the new car registration to the ticket. I would have to purchase a new parking ticket at £15. That's not going to happen.
That sucks. That's one reason that whenever I've ordered tickets, I always get them to send it in the post, unless at the last minute. Your may have been saved a right pita experience though!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Interesting, I sold the car I intended to use for the Palace Game, and they sent me a new print at home pdf with new reg? No fee

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I quite often use the Bridge. I leave on the final whistle then jog back to the car, usually a 20 minute wait. I’d recommend parking at the top end of the car park (above the entrance) and make sure you reverse in to your space. Every second counts at the Bridge!

Good luck!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Are you familiar with photoshop?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I quite often use the Bridge. I leave on the final whistle then jog back to the car, usually a 20 minute wait. I’d recommend parking at the top end of the car park (above the entrance) and make sure you reverse in to your space.Every second counts at the Bridge!

Good luck!

I cannot believe the number of people who have made the schoolboy error you describe and don't reverse into the space! It's amusing to see a person who has a prime spot but nevertheless cannot get out of it in the queue as one needs to be a bit pushy which is pretty difficult whilst reversing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here