Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to start looking at this league differently?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of the things I’ve struggled with in this league is constantly looking at the relegation places and keeping teams in there. Is it time to start looking at where we can finish in this league? Wanting he likes of Wolves & Leicester to lose rather than obsessing with the bottom? We shouldn’t go down now so is it time to look up?

Thoughts...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the things I’ve struggled with in this league is constantly looking at the relegation places and keeping teams in there. Is it time to start looking at where we can finish in this league? Wanting he likes of Wolves & Leicester to lose rather than obsessing with the bottom? We shouldn’t go down now so is it time to look up?

Thoughts...

Calm down.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not yet.

Change is incremental, and must be sustainable. We are on a run of games playing teams outside the top six - and therefore teams we needn't be afraid of. However, as the game against Everton showed, we need to have our overall game raised a few notches before we can start dreaming of glory.

We're not in a false position at the moment - we are where we are. However, the feel good factor from the last couple of games shouldn't kid us that it can all too easily go wrong as well. Leicester, Cardiff and Everton are all living testaments to that.

We are clearly headed in the right direction, but for now, our target is improvement on last season, and ensuring that next season's target (improvement on this season's) is attainable and sustainable without bankrupting the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Thoughts...
Well obviously it doesn't matter which teams you will to lose each week, as it'll have no bearing on the results.

Personally I shall continue to wish clubs near the bottom drop points, as there's a long way to go, we're still far from safe, and safety is still the goal for me.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Psychologically we are safe no doubt about it I’m sat watching ssn with a drop of red not caring who wins or loses it’s pretty great tbh I’m wanting us to get more wins and have a real tilt at the cup clearly we need to be mindful of doing a Burnley (running before we walk) but I’m very optimistic regarding our future as a mainstay in the prem

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And to think I’m normally so bloody cautious - sorry [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION], perhaps you’re right :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'd be happy to get a crick in my neck for looking upwards, but they do say never look back.
We're in a healthy position at the moment, so let's keep this momentum going.
Even the Seagull on the club badge changed direction under Mr Blooms instruction (hoping I'm correct with that).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not remotely concerned about relegation. In fact i've started wanting, Fulham, Burnley etc to win all their games to increase the chances of Palace going down.

I'm a bit more concerned about a thumping great season match bet i've got for us to finish above Bournemouth and Southampton

Out of our 23 remaining fixtures P23, W3, D5, L15, would give us a better chance than not of keeping us up. And we're at home to most of the bottom teams in the second half of the season.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Psychologically we are safe no doubt about it I’m sat watching ssn with a drop of red not caring who wins or loses it’s pretty great tbh I’m wanting us to get more wins and have a real tilt at the cup clearly we need to be mindful of doing a Burnley (running before we walk) but I’m very optimistic regarding our future as a mainstay in the prem

aaaaaaaaaannnddd breathe :smile:

Here is some punctuation to copy and paste if yours has gone missing. Courtesy of the grammar police
-
!
"
£
#

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And to think I’m normally so bloody cautious - sorry [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION], perhaps you’re right :lol:

We will be alright Sheebo but I still like to see Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham slip up.
Next season we might be looking at the Everton and the Leicester’s......who knows.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Five of our next seven league opponents:

Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton
Liverpool
Man U

I'm not looking up yet, but I travel with a little more hope in my heart.

Eight opponents - apart from those, we have Burnley, Bournemouth and West Ham.

I'll be very happy with eight points from that lot

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not yet.

Change is incremental, and must be sustainable. We are on a run of games playing teams outside the top six - and therefore teams we needn't be afraid of. However, as the game against Everton showed, we need to have our overall game raised a few notches before we can start dreaming of glory.

We're not in a false position at the moment - we are where we are. However, the feel good factor from the last couple of games shouldn't kid us that it can all too easily go wrong as well. Leicester, Cardiff and Everton are all living testaments to that.

We are clearly headed in the right direction, but for now, our target is improvement on last season, and ensuring that next season's target (improvement on this season's) is attainable and sustainable without bankrupting the club.

Sums it up neatly for me...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here