Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Parking Problem & A Ticket Help Needed

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all, not sure if I have any chance of contesting this one and winning, so any help appreciated.

My mum is in Worthing hospital and my dad who suffers with dementia has been getting me to take him to see her every day, we parked in Homefield Road today on a single yellow line, with his disabled blue badge showing at 1.45pm, came back at 3pm to find a ticket on the car. Now I thought that the 10 to 11am & 2 to 3pm was for the bays only. Especially as the signs are situated at the end of the parking bays and not in front of the single yellow line. The ticket says "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

Any help would be appreciated, my dad said he would pay for it, they are both in their 90's, and £35 is a lot for them, so I will probably end up paying it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Hope you get this refunded, I know being elderly this has probably taken on monumental proportions for them and is causing lots of stress and worry where younger people wouldn’t give a second thought.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GM98 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi all, not sure if I have any chance of contesting this one and winning, so any help appreciated.

My mum is in Worthing hospital and my dad who suffers with dementia has been getting me to take him to see her every day, we parked in Homefield Road today on a single yellow line, with his disabled blue badge showing at 1.45pm, came back at 3pm to find a ticket on the car. Now I thought that the 10 to 11am & 2 to 3pm was for the bays only. Especially as the signs are situated at the end of the parking bays and not in front of the single yellow line. The ticket says "Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

Any help would be appreciated, my dad said he would pay for it, they are both in their 90's, and £35 is a lot for them, so I will probably end up paying it.
      Pop into the parking shop in town and explain the situation to them. If nothing else, they will be able to explain the appeals process for you.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

2 Not allowed!
      Am I missing something? If you have a blue badge can't you park anywhere for two hours, except on double red lines?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      Am I missing something? If you have a blue badge can't you park anywhere for two hours, except on double red lines?
      That is exactly what I thought otherwise I would not have parked there.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      No, there are restrictions if there are no loading or unloading markings on the kerb or by signage
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      No, there are restrictions if there are no loading or unloading markings on the kerb or by signage
      I agree, I know he is not allowed to park where there are double yellow lines at right angles to the double yellow lines going along the road. But surely the 10 to 11 & 2 to 3 is for parking bays where the signs are.

0 Not allowed!
      It seems to me that they have ignored the badge...
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      You can park on a DYL for 3 hours with a Blue Badge (as long as there are no kerb blips/loading restrictions but that 01 code tells me there were not).

Sounds like they either could not see the badge or it wasn't displayed the right way up. This will be cancelled first time, as long as he's not done this before.

There is also no risk in appealing because the £35 ''bargain'' (bribe) will be re-offered if they reject the appeal, which they won't.