Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Palace, MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Quite the evening, eh?

Re-live it here, if you want: http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?768-Albion-3-1-Crystal-Palace-04-12-2018

Into four added minutes at the end of a breathless first half. Feels a big moment – reach the break with the two-goal lead, and this looks doable. Attack repelled. And another. Come on ref FFS. Blow your whistle. It’s in the box again. Ball is loose. Crap! Get it away. Bernardo hacks clear as Townsend swings a boot – the ball is sailing over halfway, to safety. Tomkins is jogging after it, to take the throw. Andone isn’t jogging. Andone is tearing after it. Tomkins reacts too late – the Albion number 10 gets there a split second before it goes out of play – flicks it down the line, and hares after it, leaving the Palace carthorse and his stable-mate Sakho wheezing behind him.

Hennessy could have easily averted the danger by coming to meet it, but is frozen to his line. As Andone reaches the corner of the six-yard box, Tomkins finally catches up, gets a weak toe to the ball, setting it nicely, for the Romanian to side foot calmly into the far corner. Utterly amazing. Absolute scenes! Amex is bouncing. I’m hugging everyone. Florin Andone you bloody HERO.

Whistle goes.

And breathe…

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you're "too busy" to keep up to date with match reports, yet we thump Palace at home and it's all done and dusted on the very next day.

Funny that. Not that I'm complaining, mind.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So you're "too busy" to keep up to date with match reports, yet we thump Palace at home and it's all done and dusted on the very next day.

Funny that. Not that I'm complaining, mind.

Yes.

And now, I'm even BUSIER playing catch up. Ho hum :jester:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Brilliant as always. DOUBLE artwork too! :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What a pleasure to read in many ways :albion2:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Excellent as always, loved Warren Christmas reply to Andy Naylor's team news, "Palace unchanged - yep, still twats"

Agreed - a concise work of genius. As I told him at the game (I sit next to him!)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Good stuff, as always.

Until watching highlights I didn't notice that Murray was still off the pitch when we scored our second, so we were down to nine men at the time.

And we had four players in box, to their ten... and they still left Balogun unmarked. Amazing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You've done yourself and the rest of us proud – bloody brilliant. Possibly your best effort yet – for the Palace flowchart alone! :O

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In that four minutes of added time, and Palace attacks being repelled, I was bellowing at the ref to blow his whistle. I'm really glad he didn't.

Great match report!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Best ARTWORK to date, plus a bonus flow-chart. I can't see us having a better night at the Amex for a long time, or another report as good as this. Both as good as it gets. Well done Exile, match reporting legend in waiting, thanks.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Come on chaps, this was the best Game Report I have read and needs to be back at the top of the page - Flowchart was both accurate and hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here