Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just heard a rumour about the East Stand last night

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Apparently they started a song last night. :eek:

Can any East Standers either confirm or deny this?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I must have missed that one... There was plenty of singing going on though, amongst about 9,000 constant 'wanker' signs all directed to our left.

I think the West put in a decent shift last night, in fairness.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Place was rocking last night - exactly how it should be for a scum game. Certainly got to a certain goggle-eyed cheat time and time again :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
East Upper sitting at the back there is a lot of singing that goes on. No, we don't start any songs but we do join in with the north. But with the north singing then they just cant hear us. But then the price of our tickets "we pay for your train, we pay for your train, we come by coach but pay for your train"

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Well that's just not right! We sing our hearts out from beginning to end - but we're up against the prevailing westerly - our voices just don't carry past the touchline in those damn winds! If you westenders look very closely, you will see our mouths gaping perpetually.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We ROCKED THE PLACE.

Albert was chucked out for farting in the Palace fans general direction (and thus knocking out Glenda) and Cyril was waving his flask angrily, sorry his fist angrily, at Zaha most of the game.

It got a bit out of hand when Mary threw her knickers at Bissouma at the end. We thought the bra was next and the stewards just covered the eyes and wouldn't intervene. It wasn't over until her shirtless husband, ERNEST, stepped in.

We DID start a rendition of 'We hate Palace' but most of us had forgotten which team we were playing by the time it was repeating.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
East Upper sitting at the back there is a lot of singing that goes on. No, we don't start any songs but we do join in with the north. But with the north singing then they just cant hear us. But then the price of our tickets "we pay for your train, we pay for your train, we come by coach but pay for your train"

:thumbsup: ...its a lot louder in ESU that some peeps give us credit for!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Was in the family stand (block B) and there was no shortage of singers around me. Occasionally people would start their own chants and a few might join in but I don't think we got a song started that the rest of the ground picked up on, except coincidentally.

Ground seemed loud and proud in every stand from where I was sitting.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Scurrilous rumour. All we do is mumble a couple of lines of GOSBS then sit down and watch the game. Anyone starting a song would be most frowned on, and encouraged to take residence elsewhere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I often sat in ESL or ESU during our promotion run-in matches. Plenty of widespread singing then, it was bloody amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here