Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] I've now only got fumes left in the tank.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Couldn't get straight to sleep when I got back last night.
Even then I woke up at 02:30 with grin ache.
I can only assume I was sleep grinning and my seldom used smile muscles were burned out.
Up for work at 04:32, and been on my feet all day.

That's it, I am now officially fooked.

I'm too old for this shite.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Got in at 1.30am and watched Sky Sports, ate several Crumpets and some of the child's treats hidden away.....

Woke up full of the joys of spring at 5.45am and fed the cat without threatening to drop kick to eternity....

Came to work to face numerous problems on site,
including fitters walking off site and site managers shouting..... diddly squat..... happy as larry...
you can't bring me down today....

Oh the joys of a victory of the arch rivals

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Yup same here live in MK so left at 3, returned to bed at 1:30 am but just so buzzing. Luckily I had the foresight to book the day off today but I'm exhausted, the best 45/50 minutes of the season.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Got back to Reading about 12:30 after the drive, started looking at Twitter and NSC went to bed about 2am didn’t go straight to sleep, woke up about 4am and my first thought was “we bloody won” drifted back off, got up at 7am to make sure my daughter got up in time for college. Luckily I book the day off as I am cream crackered, but very very happy.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Woke up on the couch still fully clothed about 9 this morning :lolol: Bloody glad I'd booked today off. Felt like shite all day, but cleared my head a bit taking the hound out for a stroll.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got home about 11, had a celebratory drink and watched the highlights and pissed about on here for ages......too buzzing to sleep. Worked from home this morning, had big IT issues that would normally have made me v angry but nit today. Afternoon off as on way to Scotland via Gatwick to see our daughter for her birthday later this week.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
today has been a write off. Have spent the entire day reading up about it.

Throat is sore. Headache all day but am absolutely buzzing

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Got home just before midnight feckin slaughtered. Smashed down a kebab and about a litre of orange Tango then passed out. Woke up about 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. Tired. Hungover. Body aching from chucking myself around like a wally, and not fussed at all - happiest I have been in months.

The only real downside is I have to help carry two wacking great sofas up three flights of stairs tonight. Grim.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Home at 3.15 am. In work before 8am. Struggling a bit now.
This 'cannot stop grinning' thing is very contagious.
Cannot tell too many at work as I had to leave halfway through a meeting yesterday at 12.30.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Home at midnight, large whisky which I really didn’t need, sleep, up at 5.15 for a day of meetings and training in Middlesex.

I was fine when I woke up but hanging out of my backside by the time I reached Harrow. Probably still drunk when I got up. Eating some chips slathered in chilli mayo definitely did not help.

Bunked out of work at 4.30 and am currently typing this on a tube and grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
2 hours to get from Brighton to the M25 this morning due to an accident in the roadworks - artic lorry in the back of a Tesco delivery van. Not sure why they couldn’t limp to a nearby point of refuge instead of close a lane and cause thousands of hours of delay. Anyways I was humming GOSBTS away whilst sat in the tailback

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Come off nights at 6am this morning.
Leaving work place with a stupid grin on my face, nobody needed to ask me why :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Back at 11. Are some toast. Lost an hour on here so got to bed at midnight.

Felt pissed but fine.

4 year old had a nightmare at 3.30am so had to get up and swap beds to get her in with the missus.

Passed out in her bed instead.

Woke up at 7 still drunk. Spent an hour faffing and feeling sorry for myself. Went to McD's on way to work for McMuffins. Didn't really help my stomach or head.

Grub truck at work turned up at 9 so had my usual yoghurt and granola pot. Didn't help and didn't mix with McMuffins so came back up at 9.30.

Spent the rest of the day feeling ****ing awful.

Sitting in the pub and struggling my second pint down right now.

Still feel shite but I'm happy.

4 year old is apparently knackered at home so when I get in a shower and put her to bed then watch tonight games in bed hoping 4 year old goes through so I can finally recover.

Yes, I'm still smiling!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just another game, innit???

:rolleyes:

:lolol:

Had a staff meeting today (OK 'departmental teaching committee' meeting, aka 'DTC'). Sat through acres of bollocks, discussion of pointless initiatives (including 'how do we make students feel more part of a community', er, as chair of the Staff Student Liaison Committee, when I asked the question, half the students said 'we don't want to feel part of a departmental community, it is a degree, at the end of the day we want to **** off home and catch up with the soaps') wearing my dark blue BHAFC zip up jacket, with a complacent far-away smirk on my face - and I called only one of my colleagues 'bloody rude' once; on any other day it would have been a fake head but, although I was told recently on NSC that the punishment for that is exactly the same as the punishment for a full on nasal demolishment with lashings of claret, so all in all a cracking day.

Edit: got my oodles and lashings mixed up. Always important to select the correct word. N'est ce pas?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmm....got in 11.15 having been released from the bridge car park....cooked supper....watched sky sports special...for the seniority of the match ...we had Tony Cottee doing the match......then listened to the match reports on R5 ..sleep gawd knows when....up and out hedge cutting ..gave up 4pm soaked....relaxing time in tonight me thinks

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm another one that couldn't sleep last night as think my body had too much adrenaline and endorphins flowing around. Was in bed by midnight but probably didn't drop off until about 2pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here