Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Palace training ground given 0-star hygiene rating cos of MICE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ant-mouse-problem-training-ground-zero-rating

6-Hernani-New-shed-on-foundation-of-storm-surge-destroyed-home.jpg

Crystal Palace say they have taken action “to remedy the issues highlighted” after the kitchen at the club’s training ground was given a zero food hygiene rating because inspectors found it had been infested with mice for several months.

An environmental health officer inspected Palace’s facility in Beckenham at the end of August and found that a “significant mouse problem” required immediate pest control action, with the kitchen – which caters for players and staff – having to be shut down.

“You have been given a food hygiene rating of 0,” read the report, which was released by Bromley Council following a Freedom of Information request from the Kent Live website. “This is because the conditions found at the time of inspection were unacceptable. Personally, I am disappointed as you have failed to ensure the safety of the food you are producing and feeding your staff.

It is clear that you haven’t managed the problem effectively and the activity has been ongoing for several months. You agreed to voluntarily close the kitchen for a few days to address this matter. Appropriate treatment methods must be used to eliminate these pests. Whilst I appreciate that a severe rodent infestation is entirely within character when it comes to your rancid, grotty little club, the filth in which you choose to exist still poses a risk to the wider community and must be dealt with urgently".

In a statement, a Palace spokesman said the problem had emerged after work to upgrade the training ground was completed and had now been resolved. “The remedial action was approved by the environmental health inspector and we are confident that our five-star rating at Beckenham will be restored when we are re-inspected, in line with our five-star rating for the kitchen facilities at Selhurst Park,” the spokesman added, before bursting into gales of uncontrollable laughter and saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face with that last bit".

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
They really are a scummy club. It is no wonder that they pay huge wages for players to go there. The town, the training ground ,the fans who burned Croydon down and Selhurst Park are all 5th rate. We are so lucky to have Bloom, Barber et.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ant-mouse-problem-training-ground-zero-rating

Crystal Palace say they have taken action “to remedy the issues highlighted” after the kitchen at the club’s training ground was given a zero food hygiene rating because inspectors found it had been infested with mice for several months.

An environmental health officer inspected Palace’s facility in Beckenham at the end of August and found that a “significant mouse problem” required immediate pest control action, with the kitchen – which caters for players and staff – having to be shut down.

“You have been given a food hygiene rating of 0,” read the report, which was released by Bromley Council following a Freedom of Information request from the Kent Live website. “This is because the conditions found at the time of inspection were unacceptable. Personally, I am disappointed as you have failed to ensure the safety of the food you are producing and feeding your staff.

It is clear that you haven’t managed the problem effectively and the activity has been ongoing for several months. You agreed to voluntarily close the kitchen for a few days to address this matter. Appropriate treatment methods must be used to eliminate these pests. Whilst I appreciate that a severe rodent infestation is entirely within character when it comes to your rancid, grotty little club, the filth in which you choose to exist still poses a risk to the wider community and must be dealt with urgently".

In a statement, a Palace spokesman said the problem had emerged after work to upgrade the training ground was completed and had now been resolved. “The remedial action was approved by the environmental health inspector and we are confident that our five-star rating at Beckenham will be restored when we are re-inspected, in line with our five-star rating for the kitchen facilities at Selhurst Park,” the spokesman added, before bursting into gales of uncontrollable laughter and saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face with that last bit".

I like the embellishments you have made to the reported story. Top work

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Parish added "Wilf Zaha has kindly decided to donate a weeks wages to the kitchen staff in an effort to help rectify the problem."

Followed by a Parish tweet next week "A SMASHING cottage pie produced by the training ground kitchen staff today. Great work everybody!"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Piss funny. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
"It's all quite embarrassing", a Palace spokesman said. "When they said they'd found traces of faeces in the dressing room, we just laughed and told them they'd clearly never been to Crystal Palace before. Then in September, Roy started noticing an incessant high pitched squeaking noise every time the players came in to eat, but to be honest, we just thought it was Wilf whining about being tackled again".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A few years ago they had a rat infestation that ended up with rats the beer python feeding the directors lounge and the Coppell pimps bar. I know I surveyed the damage for the brewery

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
How embarrassing....

Here's the chance for our away support to all wear mouse ears at the next visit. That would be hilarious seeing 4,000+ mice in the ground :lolol:

mouseears.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

:bowdown:

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't want to start a new palace thread, so figured I'd bump an old palace thread to post this.

[tweet]1254728625125036032[/tweet]

er... good on them? :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here