Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Many people on here seem to have started individual appreciation threads on the performances of the llike of Florin Andone, Leon Balogin, Solly March, Yves Bissouma et al. So I am going to add another player to that long list, namely Martin Montoya.

He is a player who often seems to go under radar with many fans, and l thought that bearing in mind he rarely, of late, gets the chance to play, his performance inside what was a burning cauldron at the Amex last night was superb, always calm, measured, and in control, he helped nullify the threat of Wilfried Haha.

Good to see several of last summers signings come to the fore too.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
There was one moment where he tackled Zaha, knocked the ball past him using a bit of skill and then won a foul which summed up his performance. Quality player

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Totally agree. Superb yesterday and whilst not as attacking as Bruno, such a calm influence.

He is the evidence that our squad is so much stronger this season. Last year that would have been The Greyhound!!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agree. Thought his defensive duties and forward play were both outstanding. Love Bruno, we have a worthy successor here for him imo. Great bit of work from the recruitment team.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
He is still learning the English game , understudy to Bruno in many ways but soon the pupil will replace the teacher if he keeps on improving as he is and looks the ideal long term replacement :albion2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Totally agree. Superb yesterday and whilst not as attacking as Bruno, such a calm influence.

He is the evidence that our squad is so much stronger this season. Last year that would have been The Greyhound!!

Where is schlotto btw?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He has been a quality player since his introduction into the team, not just last night.

Less adventurous going forward and his a tendency to cut inside the wide player rather than overlapping as Bruno tends to do. You can see however that he has played at a high level and will become virtually an ever present once Bruno decides to step away from playing

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No idea but Schelotto is just training and posting his activities on twitter and instagram

Yep posting just moaning how not in the team and doesn’t go to a single game. Stays at home even when we are playing at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yep posting just moaning how not in the team and doesn’t go to a single game. Stays at home even when we are playing at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame, because there is a decent player of some level in there. His marauding performance as a wing-back - his true position - at home to Chelsea will live in the memory.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There's something about Montoya that shows he's a good player who will be a comfortable fit for us at this level once he's settled in. However, this was genuinely the first time since Fulham where he's impressed me. I think he'll show more consistency once he gets up to speed though as he reads the game well; it's just that he sometimes lets the ball get away from him after his first touch and it can lead to us being under unnecessary pressure.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's a shame, because there is a decent player of some level in there. His marauding performance as a wing-back - his true position - at home to Chelsea will live in the memory.

But did you see his nightmare at Selhurst last season

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
he is is good but I think he needs to be a bit stronger in the tackle for me. got caught ball watching a few times and they got ball down to the touchline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here