Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Trees

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So after a cracking evening yesterday down to earth with a bump this morning to be told "we're putting the Christmas tree up this weekend". For 'we're' read yours truely.

So where's the best place to get a real Christmas tree this year ? I've not noticed many about yet. Needs to be one of those with thick needles rather than one of those fine ones that shed needles in two days.

Anyone recommend somewhere in Brighton and Hove ?

And yes, I know I could get an artificial one but the answer is no.

Oh, and Merry Christmas #humbug

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Wyevale at the Racehill.

They have 4 types and the tree stands that you can pour water into to help the pines not drop too quickly.

No the cheapest but very happy with my tree.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Fat blunt needles = Nordmann Fir

I cut ours down at Wilderness Wood (Hadlow Down) last weekend - they may still have some pre-cut ones left.

Edit to add: 7ft = £47, which is pretty cheap for a Nordmann Fir.

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
So after a cracking evening yesterday down to earth with a bump this morning to be told "we're putting the Christmas tree up this weekend". For 'we're' read yours truely.

So where's the best place to get a real Christmas tree this year ? I've not noticed many about yet. Needs to be one of those with thick needles rather than one of those fine ones that shed needles in two days.

Anyone recommend somewhere in Brighton and Hove ?

And yes, I know I could get an artificial one but the answer is no.

Oh, and Merry Christmas #humbug

A little bit further away but there is a place near Ardingly that we went to at the weekend. Find them under send me a Christmas tree. that is their online webname but they have a lovely selection including Fraser firs and Sussex firs.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I bought a 8’ Nordman today from B&Q, Lewes Road for £49. A few years ago we splashed out at Homebase on a German made base that clamps the tree and holds water, went for the largest size so not cheap ... still going strong.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got my Nordmann Fir today off some bloke camped next to the Burgess Hill services off the A23 on the roundabout. He had a container load of them. £20 - ‘Any Tree/Any Size’. Will let you all know if it makes it to Xmas day! [emoji106]

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My normal seller appears to have moved location or just given up.

Any tips on cheap Xmas trees? I need one today or else I’m for the chop.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bit early IMO. Ours goes up on the 20th and will be back in the loft Boxing Day evening. B&Q had a reasonable selection the other day when I was in the Shoreham branch.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An old bounce. We have two artificial trees up. Lovely. Saves that sad business of throwing away a dead tree on the morning after the 12th night.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lay by near the A27 at the top of the Benfield Valley. All trees £20 and last year tree I got from them hardly dropped any needles. So cheap makes me think they've gone and stripped a golf course of trees or something.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
We used B & Q Lewes Road the last couple of years after our local greengrocer stopped doing them. Lasted really well and well priced.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My normal seller appears to have moved location or just given up.

Any tips on cheap Xmas trees? I need one today or else I’m for the chop.
They only had a couple of 5 footers at Dobbies yesterday but plenty of 6/7, only £19 20211204_194230.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Balcombe Estate usually selling on Crawley and Hayward’s Heath Roads. Shop local and all that, straight out of Sussex Soil!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nice tree, but is that book on the shelf “To Be Human” which is quite heavy philosophy from Krishnamurti, or “How To Be Human” by Ruby Wax (slightly more accessible philosophy)?
How to be, its the misses bookshelf..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here