Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Squad

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
First time starting a thread so go easy on me!

I think we can all agree last night was magnificent. For me though what was as pleasing as the result was the confirmation of the depth of squad we have assembled. As we enter what is always a hectic festive period we are faced with the prospect of being without:

Our talismanic top scorer
Our captain
Our record signing
One of our two outstanding centre halves and potential player of the season so far
Our best attacking wide man from last year (Izzy)

And yet I am totally relaxed about that and excited to see how the players who come in will do. I believe:

Andone can more that substitute for Murray and we still have Locadia who may get a bit more game time
Montoya is clearly an able deputy at right back
March has hit form and AK will be champing at the bit for a game, I actually thought he was playing really well until recently and has a good assist return
Balogun was due a run and looks class
See above the point about March/AK

Add to this Bernardo and Bissouma really looking like finds and this surely must be the best squad we have ever had the pleasure to watch.

Exciting times ahead.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I think we can all agree last night was magnificent. For me though what was as pleasing as the result was the confirmation of the depth of squad we have assembled. As we enter what is always a hectic festive period we are faced with the prospect of being without:

Our captain
Our record signing
One of our two outstanding centre halves and potential player of the season so far

And yet I am totally relaxed about that and excited to see how the players who come in will do. I believe:

Andone can more that substitute for Murray and we still have Locadia who may get a bit more game time
March has hit form and AK will be champing at the bit for a game, I actually thought he was playing really well until recently and has a good assist return

Add to this Bernardo and Bissouma really looking like finds and this surely must be the best squad we have ever had the pleasure to watch.

Exciting times ahead.

Agree with all of that. And I even suspect that Locadia won't necessarily turn out to be quite the flop we worry he might be. He showed some intelligent touches in the few minutes that he last played.

Must admit I was a bit worried about some of our recent signings but we saw some terrific performances from them last night.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Our captain
Our record signing

Exciting times ahead.

This

Was thinking the same thing myself.

A fair few people on here have bemoaned that we aren't progressing quickly enough.
We've seen year on year improvements in our squad, with players that fit our team ethos.
Every gap has been filled with a player of similar/better quality than the incumbent first choice.

We aren't blowing the budget on individual signings, but look at the quality of every signing we have made over the past 3 seasons. (someone will now point out one shocker I have forgotten)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agree with all of that. And I even suspect that Locadia won't necessarily turn out to be quite the flop we worry he might be. He showed some intelligent touches in the few minutes that he last played.

Must admit I was a bit worried about some of our recent signings but we saw some terrific performances from them last night.

Lets hope they turn in another BIG PERFORMANCE against Burnley for his 60th Birthday like Cardiff did for Neil Warnock's 70th

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...and yet not that long ago some were chastising the second half performance against Leicester (even booing)...without giving a minuscule of credit to the opposition ..I mean we should beat ten men! :whistle: .....then one down in the early minutes against Huddersfield ''we'll never beat them'' ......so called lucky wins against West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves...I'd go with hard fought and ground out results personally..this team has character and skill...oh how emotions swing in football...keep the cracking memories of last night for the not so good times....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Our captain
Our record signing

Exciting times ahead.

2 wins ago it was a waste of £60m! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here