Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Half time delay, team coming out..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently it got Roy well wound up? Anyone know what was going on?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nonsense.

Albion came out with the officials, as usual. Palace were sent out ridiculously early, because we commented on it. They were out at 8.45pm - the first half didn't finish until 8.36!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Palace out early, but the Albion did well in keeping them waiting, rather than being dictated to come out early as well.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Palace coming out early in Brighton during the Rainbow Laces campaign?

That'll be a tough one for their homophobic fanbase to swallow.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Think everything did last night.

Would do well to focus on his team’s and his own shortcomings.

I recall being told that half-time is up to 15 mins. If they were out after 9 whose fault is that?

I’m just sorry one of their players didn’t pull a muscle through being cold after waiting, it would have sent him over the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Nonsense.

Albion came out with the officials, as usual. Palace were sent out ridiculously early, because we commented on it. They were out at 8.45pm - the first half didn't finish until 8.36!

For those of you who remember - Albion v Walsall 1976. Mullers was furious with our first half performance, with the score at 0-0, and sent the team back out on to the pitch for practically the whole of the interval. It worked - we ended up winning 7-0!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Nonsense.

Actually that's not quite right.

The two assistants came out, without the ref, he came out quite a bit later, followed by the Albion players.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I expect physios were working on Izzy who had a knock which subsequently finished his evening.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It should be noted that the Albion's changing room is also further away from the tunnel than the away changing room, which opens directly on to it. So when the ref rings his bell to signal that the players need to head to the pitch the away team are pretty much always going to be there first. That is a deliberate design.

I guess Roy must be getting tinnitus in his old age, I can't think of any other reason for him sending his players to stand about in the cold and wet early.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It should be noted that the Albion's changing room is also further away from the tunnel than the away changing room, which opens directly on to it. So when the ref rings his bell to signal that the players need to head to the pitch the away team are pretty much always going to be there first. That is a deliberate design.

I guess Roy must be getting tinnitus in his old age, I can't think of any other reason for him sending his players to stand about in the cold and wet early.

That makes bugger all difference otherwise every match our players would be out well after the opposition. I suspect the ref was waiting for the Albion who were giving as much time as they could to treating Izzy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought it was great to have Palace stood there waiting in the rain and cold in front of the home crowd.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace out five minutes early

Probably a tactic or a kick up the arse, from Wily old Roy.
Worked well I thought.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hodgson's move backfired and he is clearly no scientist - how can you be fired up whilst freezing?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here