Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Crowd

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As good as the players were last night (and they were very good), I thought that the crowd and atmosphere was also excellent. I'm sure that will have helped, particularly after down 10 men.

:amex:

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
It helped that the players got off to such a good start. Could/would have been very different if Palace had been on the front foot and scored first...we have a decent starting atmosphere most games (especially away but also at home) and then react to some sort of decent effort on the pitch from our players, and get behind them - rather than making continuous noise regardless of what is going on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
According to the Palace lot "Your support is fcking shit"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The noise of the crowd for that Andone goal was HUGE, check the clip posted elsewhere on NSC.

Was in the NS and heard Palace properly ONCE.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The crowd were good, very quiet for the first 10 mins of the first half, but I have learnt to accept being at the back of the WUPPER I dont fully get to appeciate the noise in the lower tiers. So I bet it sounded immense, Was great to hear a couple of songs I started go round the AMEX last night, felt like everyone was up for it.

That was also the quietest I have ever heard Palace. They usually make a fair amount of noise, but very quiet other than abusing Dunk.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought the NS was immense. Fans and team were really up for it from the start.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Atmosphere brilliant last night.

Been critical of the North before but thought they were excellent. WSU fed off that also . Songs going round the stadium and booming out. The Bissouma and Balogun songs very good.

2,500 mutes up the other end. Heard some Euro type chant thing and a song saying our support is shit which was ironic. That was shortly before they all fked off home.

Amex was rocking last night. Bet sounded immense on the pitch

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bet sounded immense on the pitch
This is the main point. We know about the acoustics and the roof design so that noise is retained in the stadium and focused on the pitch.

Can you imagine how loud it must be down there when all sides roar together or belt out the same chant as one...?

The buzz the players get must be incredible.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent atmosphere and not a drum or contrived choreography in sight. That's how you do it, just get behind the team.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair it's usually great for the palace matches - until they go ahead. Of course I wasn't there so this didn't happen!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How must the Palace support feel ..half the team dived down the tunnel without as much as a wave..only two players went over and had to get a few others who were heading off the pitch to join them...joy!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep t'was great
Last night sounded like how I imagine those posting about the atmosphere in general hear us.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whole crowd singing ‘you are ****ing shit’ was a personal highlight

The self labelled best fans in the whole wide world need to up their game nothing fanatical about leaving at half time and standing with your arms folded for 45min. One of poorest away support to come to the Amex this season

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think Ryan's and Bissouma's reactions after the final whistle said everything about their view of us last night. Between Leon and Florin stealing some of the signing attention Yves's been getting he still clearly LOVES the attention and performed brilliantly before and after the whistle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here