Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I feel for the people

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Who left before the half time whistle to get in the queue for a beer.

Because that has got to be the best moment at the Amex for me.

Actually felt a bit dizzy after it probably because I roared so loud I think I broke a few blood vessels.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Bad luck, yes to a point, but also bad fans...

I very nearly did it but stopped myself with the thought "We're 2-0 up v. Palace! Which is more important?"

Good decision. [emoji846]

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I was actually thinking before the game, with the David Lopez stuff, that I remember a tonne of people missing that goal (45+3) as they'd gone for half time. And then it happened again (45+4)!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I couldn't leave before the third goal because I had to wait for half time to cheer them off the pitch for a scintillating performance.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Watched it from home (sorry), and I remember thinking "blow the ****ing whistle you arse! oh wait no actually don't! yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't feel for them. It just confirms what frigging idiots they are. That goal alone was worth the cost of my season ticket and people miss it because they need a beer. The game is only 90 minutes long, surely, surely you can stay in your seat to watch all of it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I needed to go at around 37 minutes. As I left the gents, I thought "Good time to get a beer right now" and I was so close to doing just that. Something made me return to my seat though, and I'm mighty glad that I did!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who left before the half time whistle to get in the queue for a beer.

Because that has got to be the best moment at the Amex for me.

Actually felt a bit dizzy after it probably because I roared so loud I think I broke a few blood vessels.

Bloke who sits behind us has done it every single game for the last 5/6 years.....we always have a joke about it because he's missed a few goals. Last night was no exception.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As somone who has NEVER left his seat before the half time or final whistle Last night proved to be a seminal evening

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I dashed down with a break in play on 41mins, bought a beer, left it on the side with my hat on it, then dashed back out fully expecting a Palace goal just before HT to change the whole complexion of the game. I therefore saw the goal, and savoured a magnificent celebratory pint of Harveys. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This morning at work in a room of non football fans I feel quite sorry that they don't get football as I sit with a smile on my face with one song in my head going round and round

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As somone who has NEVER left his seat before the half time or final whistle Last night proved to be a seminal evening

Hmm I'm not sure, there are plenty who missed the Spanish Dave's free kick AND the fantastic third goal on St Patricks Day

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Guilty as charged. Was walking back from my wee as the roar went up, got in and watched the replay. Missed the goal, but had a good old fashioned jump around/hugfest with total strangers at the top of the stairs, which I wouldn't have got in my seat! Fair play to everyone that did stay. Lesson learned!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here