Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo not happy being subbed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When he came off, chris extended his hand to him, but was ignored. Chris waited a second or 2, and called out to him. Izzy turned to him, and then blanked him, turning away again. He might regret that.

BHAFC 11 v Palace 11: 1-0

BHAFC 10 v Palace 11: 2-1

Can we play them every week?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When he came off, chris extended his hand to him, but was ignored. Chris waited a second or 2, and called out to him. Izzy turned to him, and then blanked him, turning away again. He might regret that.

I thought he took a knock ? - And anyhow, Izquierdo aint the type of guy to sulk for very long if he did

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bollocks - he 100% gestured to Chris just after HT that he needed to be subbed, very clearly. Obviously one of those ‘go out and see how it feels after a bit of HT treatment’ knocks. Looked like a knee - so he’s probably pissed off that it’s the one that kept him out of the early matches.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nah - he was ****ed at half-time and was given a few minutes to see if he could run it off. He couldn't and that was that.

I happened to nab a lift home off a member of club staff tonight and Izzy was walking past the car as we exited the car park.

"Saturday, Izzy?" was asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I stand corrected.

The bit about the handshakes stuff isn’t bollox though; I watched it. Probably disappointed about the injury rather than pissed off at Chris though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bollocks - he 100% gestured to Chris just after HT that he needed to be subbed, very clearly. Obviously one of those ‘go out and see how it feels after a bit of HT treatment’ knocks. Looked like a knee - so he’s probably pissed off that it’s the one that kept him out of the early matches.

This.

Someone spouting bollox.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nah - he was ****ed at half-time and was given a few minutes to see if he could run it off. He couldn't and that was that.

I happened to nab a lift home off a member of club staff tonight and Izzy was walking past the car as we exited the car park.

"Saturday, Izzy?" was asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

Did his knee five mins before HT ...just about made it to the break..hope its not the same injury that kept him out

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Chris does not do tactical subs on 48 minutes with the last sub.
The tactical one was Gross for Balogun - shear genius......???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Tonight we did what Huddersfield did on Saturday - made a substitution very early in the second half. When the Terriers did it, Pritchard was all the way in the corner and took an age to walk off. He had just been tackled, but the commentator, at least 30 seconds before, had stated that they were preparing a sub, so he wasn't injured. I thought at the time that 10-man Town deliberately didn't make the change at half-time so that the substitution would waste another minute or so.

Izquierdo seemed to be struggling at the end of the first half. My guess would be that Albion might also have delayed the change until the second half to waste a bit of time.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tonight we did what Huddersfield did on Saturday - made a substitution very early in the second half. When the Terriers did it, Pritchard was all the way in the corner and took an age to walk off. He had just been tackled, but the commentator, at least 30 seconds before, had stated that they were preparing a sub, so he wasn't injured. I thought at the time that 10-man Town deliberately didn't make the change at half-time so that the substitution would waste another minute or so.

Izquierdo seemed to be struggling at the end of the first half. My guess would be that Albion might also have delayed the change until the second half to waste a bit of time.

Jose made a very clear signal to CH that he couldn’t carry on.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Still, he got a famous Albion night started by winning us the penalty.

He'll be remembered for his contribution.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The bit about the handshakes stuff isn’t bollox though; I watched it. Probably disappointed about the injury rather than pissed off at Chris though.
Yeah I imagine so. I think he signaled to be subbed off. His reaction isn't a good sign about the injury.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Except that Izzy was standing by the managers when he was subbed, so he just walked off. The opposite of Pratchard's long walk.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was probably very disappointed about injury rather than angry at CH. A quick comment is all that's needed. Wouldn't be surprised if he's rested at the weekend though however bad the knock was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here