Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you keep Bissouma and Andone out of the team?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry, choking back family tears here, I really felt that win was for my mum. However in footballing terms, how are they now kept out of the starting 11? This will not only be a joy for CH but a real dilemma. I thought they were both a level above what we are used to. They started at Hudds and carried it on.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Given the state of Murray’s shoulder we won’t have to worry about that one. Bissouma is an interesting challenge though. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gross gets a rest so soon after injury on Saturday and Bissouma plays the No 10.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I thought CH put Kayal on the bench for Huddersfield to save him from a booking for tonight, but Bissouma played his way into tonight’s game. Andone could feel hard done by that he was relegated back to the bench, but Murray’s misfortune lead to Andone coming on and proving what a great buy(and bargain) he has been.
The only blot is that DUFFY should know better

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we've been on a prayer with Murray, and a lot of games to play, so i think Andone starts.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I wonder if Andone could play the Gross type role behind Murray.

He has everything, pace, creativity, tenacious and he’s bloody good on the ball.

Absolutely this.

Imagine the chances Andone would get running in behind flick ons from Muzza with his pace !
Andone will definitely start at Burnley on Saturday because his pace will frighten the life out of their centre backs and get them turning towards their own goal

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Andone gave Izquierdo a demonstration of what he should be doing on the wing with just one opportunity, as opposed to the numerous opportunities Izqueirdo is presented with.

If Murray is fit on Saturday I would rather Andone play the Izqueirdo role because he knows what to do with the ball.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Murray and Andone can both be involved a lot without needing both on the pitch 90 minutes every game. We do need to look at bringing the other on earlier if we fall behind though. Even if that means Andone playing in the space behind Murray.

Bissouma has shown he can play that Gross role or one of the deeper ones and with 5 players for 3 positions there's again a good chance with 1 suspended or injured most of the time, that they'll all get chances. Especially over busy December and January period.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wonder if Andone could play the Gross type role behind Murray.

He has everything, pace, creativity, tenacious and he’s bloody good on the ball.

That would be my preferred role for him if he were to get into the team regularly, much quicker and more mobile than Glenn l can see him playing just behind him, making the runs to make things happen and accepting the knockdowns.

Only really been involved in two games for any length of time, but I am already so impressed, surely worth a start at Burnley? even if Murray is fit to play too.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Murray and Gross has not worked away from the Amex. We’ve been crying out for a more athletic and powerful team/formation away from home. But now Andone and Bissouma particularly (and Bernardo) have shown Chris and us that perhaps the pace and power is equally adept in Sussex. Cannot and should not change that team for Burnley. Ten (TEN) of them have just smashed the living shit out of Pal-arse. Interested to see how Gross might feed Andone too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ermmmmm 4-4-2. it's what we all been waiting for.

And what happens out of possession where currently Gross is quick to drop back into midfield so that we defend as a 451.

442 in the next 2 home games and we will get slaughtered twice.

But no doubt the we must give it a go mob will be happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here