Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's two wins against relegation fodder, something we're far too good for.

I think he knows what he's doing. Probably time to give the whole "he's far too negative" thing a miss.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Masterminded two wins but his behaviour was simply abhorrent. His fist pump for the first goal was outlandish but the second? He made Duffy look like a saint. In fact his fist pump was so severe water sprayed off his coat.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton isn't even worth questioning, or double guessing. His job is to man manage and decide the best balanced starting 11 with the players he has available.

Tactically most games this season, even when not playing well, we have created enough chances to win the games we have lost and drawn.

Bong has always frustrated me with his lack of crossing ability, I know he is left footed, but it isn't a good left foot, and we know Stephens can't shoot, but they are both dependable and have got us this far. We also know that Izqueirdo and Knockaert aren't very good at the one v one verses a goalkeeper.

The fact the new players performed well yesterday is because they understand Hughtons system, but they have just added the quality to it. Izqueirdo is presented an opportunity to score an Andone type goal every week.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I've been outspoken about being concerned about his ability to progress the team, and I still have those concerns. Last night was so much better though - organisation is never in doubt and it was the perfect night to show off how well organised and disciplined we are defensively. Magnificent, start to finish. :bowdown:

But let's be real for a moment, how lucky was the Murray injury? Andone was perfect for the role he played, he was electric all night with the mobility to get around the pitch, he could drop so deep he was on top of the midfielders but he was able to pounce away and protect the ball beautifully. Murray couldn't have done that. Let's not forget how shit we were against Cardiff and Leicester, for as good as we were last night - we were bad in those games.

Let's all enjoy the good moment while it's here and the league table as it is, it's amazing right now and there's never been a better time to be a fan of the club. But there has been a better time to watch the team. Last night was as good as anything I've seen, but let's not pretend it was all a tactical masterstroke.

Final thought from me on this though - Balogun for Gross was a massive decision but absolutely 100% correct. It was ideal for us. Obviously, Balogun was coming on but the decision to keep the wingers on and go 4-4-1 was perfect. It would have been easy to sacrifice Izquierdo and gone with 3 narrow in midfield but the tactical choice was perfect.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's two wins against relegation fodder, something we're far too good for.

I think he knows what he's doing. Probably time to give the whole "he's far too negative" thing a miss.

Utterly THIS !!!!

I might be getting ahead of myself here ( well I am ) but we're 2 points off 6th ...... yes TWO points !!!!! And a massive 12 points ahead of the relegation spots. I'm actually finding myself looking at the table and thinking where we can go upwards rather than who can catch us.

So in summary, yes CH knows what he's doing !

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton isn't even worth questioning, or double guessing. His job is to man manage and decide the best balanced starting 11 with the players he has available.

Tactically most games this season, even when not playing well, we have created enough chances to win the games we have lost and drawn.

Bong has always frustrated me with his lack of crossing ability, I know he is left footed, but it isn't a good left foot, and we know Stephens can't shoot, but they are both dependable and have got us this far. We also know that Izqueirdo and Knockaert aren't very good at the one v one verses a goalkeeper.

The fact the new players performed well yesterday is because they understand Hughtons system, but they have just added the quality to it. Izqueirdo is presented an opportunity to score an Andone type goal every week.

Not one of the teams in the bottom half of the PL over the course of this season and last have come to the Amex and won. In fact very few points have been dropped to teams in the bottom half. The form away from home might be suspect but we pick up more points away from home than teams in the bottom half pick up against us.

Wait till Jahanbaksh gets fit and gets a decent run in the team without injury. He is just as good if not better than some of the other new signings.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Not one of the teams in the bottom half of the PL over the course of this season and last have come to the Amex and won. In fact very few points have been dropped to teams in the bottom half. The form away from home might be suspect but we pick up more points away from home than teams in the bottom half pick up against us.

Wait till Jahanbaksh gets fit and gets a decent run in the team without injury. He is just as good if not better than some of the other new signings.

I had totally forgotten about him!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here