Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ada Hegerberg: first women’s Ballon d’Or marred as winner is asked to twerk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
FFS what the hell was he thinking? It's right out of the Blatter 'they should wear tight tops' school of thought

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Love it how she responded by saying it didn't really bother her a jot as she was more high after winning the award

However there are thousands of people now feeling OUTRAGED on her behalf...and some bloke on the radio this morning absolutely apoplectic that she wasn't as OUTRAGED as she should have been.

Daily fail would have been proud.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seriously WTF is a DJ doing handing out the Award ?... let alone the ridiculous comment.

They have hundreds of Awesome players at that event that could have done that.

Shambles... its like Blatter is still in charge.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Love it how she responded by saying it didn't really bother her a jot as she was more high after winning the award

However there are thousands of people now feeling OUTRAGED on her behalf...and some bloke on the radio this morning absolutely apoplectic that she wasn't as OUTRAGED as she should have been.

To be fair, it is an outrageous thing to say to a professional athlete.

It's David Brent levels of cringe.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Yes - cue that reflexive moral panic that bubbles not far below the surface.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

She doesn't have to be outraged at such an outrageous thing to say.
I'd hazard a guess she would be outraged if it were a friend/team-mate on the receiving end.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hegerberg told BBC Sport she "didn't consider it sexual harassment".

"I was just happy to do the dance and win the Ballon d'Or to be honest. I will have a glass of champagne when I get back."

Her Lyon team-mate Lucy Bronze, an England defender and Ballon d'Or nominee, told BBC Sport it was "just a joke".

"The DJ asked each person that won what their dance was but she can twerk, she was lying," she added.

"It was more of a joke of making her dance."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46435168

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Publius Ovidius getting OUTRAGED by people being outraged.

Have I go that right?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Shambles... its like Blatter is still in charge.

Ballon D'or is not a FIFA event. They compete by having The Best awards in October, but it doesn't compare.

Despite being shared with FIFA between 2010-2015, it is now back in the sole possession of France Football (Magazine not FFF)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I for one am horrified and outraged. Who can I tell ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here