PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 4th December 2018
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Simon Beck
Fourth official: Simon Hooper

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Bruno is fit to face Crystal Palace despite limping out of Saturday's win at Huddersfield.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is still sidelined with hamstring trouble, while Dale Stephens completes a three-match ban.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday's match.

The only unavailable player remains striker Christian Benteke because of a knee injury.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Alistair Bruce-Ball: It's not immediately apparent to the uninitiated as to why this fixture carries the status of a derby - if you want to look it up, it was born in the 1976-77 season in the old Third Division with Alan Mullery at Brighton and Terry Venables in charge of Palace.

Having been to a couple of these games in recent seasons I can assure you the rivalry is very keenly felt. To add to that, both teams come into this one in fine fettle.

Brighton earned a rare away win at Huddersfield, and were also able to give Glenn Murray a rest. Palace enjoyed their first Premier League win in eight games against Burnley, and that without having to rely on a Wilfried Zaha goal. I'd expect both men to be key players in this game though.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "You want a team that's fired up and knows what this particular game means.

"We have to take into consideration the emotions, the fight and the passion that comes with this type of game but we have to play sensibly.

"It's a big game. Generally they have been fairly close games, certainly in my time here, and I expect it to be no different."

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson: "I believe the team has been playing well for a period of time, and it was nice to see us get the result on Saturday. We are capable of playing good football.

"We're excited for the derby. We're excited for every game, but this one is particularly special for our fans - we're fully aware of that. The only way to satisfy them is to play well and win."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Crystal Palace won 3-2 when the teams met most recently in April, their first victory in six top-flight encounters.
    [*=left]The sides met three times last season - Palace took four points from six in the league but lost 2-1 at Amex Stadium when the teams met in the FA Cup third round.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have lost just one of their past nine home Premier League games (W4, D4).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored in each of their last seven league fixtures. It is their longest Premier League scoring streak.
    [*=left]Eleven of Brighton's 16 Premier League goals this season have come from set pieces. It's the division's joint-highest tally, alongside Tottenham.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored six goals in Brighton's six home league matches this season.
    [*=left]Midfielder Solly March has provided four assists in his last four Premier League games.
Palace

• [*=left]Palace could win consecutive Premier League matches for the first time this season. They ended an eight-game winless run in the division by beating Burnley at the weekend.
    [*=left]The Eagles could equal the club Premier League record of three consecutive clean sheets, last achieved in March 2017.
    [*=left]They are unbeaten in nine Premier League away fixtures played in December - drawing seven of them - since a 3-0 defeat at Manchester City in 2014.
    [*=left]Wilfried Zaha has failed to score in eight Premier League appearances, but he has five goals in eight league appearances against Brighton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’ve been woken by the cat crying for food as always at 5:30, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, and now I’m in a bad mood......

Today is going to be stressful at work, and if things continue I may very well skip the match, because I feel like I did when standing in the North Stand and FFS....

You know when you just know, it’s gonna be one of them days.....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You know what, you need a good long look at yourself.....

It’s not even 7am and your on your rivals message board boasting that your gonna, Crash through the pain barrier and overcome your adversaries.....

Get a life....
I think you're confusing him with Dougie.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have you really got nothing better to do than post on your rivals message board at half-seven in the morning?

1600 posts in 7 years almost 1 a day, sad...

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve been woken by the cat crying for food as always at 5:30, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, and now I’m in a bad mood......

Today is going to be stressful at work, and if things continue I may very well skip the match, because I feel like I did when standing in the North Stand and FFS....

Pussy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

All loveley here in Faversham. Early-ish night after our 'works Christmas party 1.0". Slept through till 7.37. Looking out on my new patio and......oh. Fresh cat shit on the patio. :facepalm:

We're DOOMED!!! ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Every bloody day for 13 years...

from 5:30am

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow,............

Until you get up and feed her, the only solace I get is when I am away on holiday, or if I am too drunk/hungover to hear her....

Some days, I could just drop kick her into oblivion...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I feel like we’re due another win today.

I’m predicting 2-1, a Murray brace- one glancing header, one penalty.

And at least one red card but I’m not sure for which team..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All loveley here in Faversham. Early-ish night after our 'works Christmas party 1.0". Slept through till 7.37. Looking out on my new patio and......oh. Fresh cat shit on the patio. :facepalm:

We're DOOMED!!! ???

I hear you brother, I have a horrible feeling about today it has the potential to be CATastrophic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here