Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football 80 Panini Stickers - BHAFC

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
About once every 4-5 years I move all my stuff around and have a bit of a sort out - and amongst my "box of memories" I unearthed my then 9-year old Knocky's Nose's pride and joy... My Panini Football 80 Sticker Book.

This sodding book was a black hole for my pocket money, (a bit like FIFA 18 and CoD is for kids today I suppose), but I cherished it and smile when I think of 'that smell' when you opened a brand new packet of stickers. There was, and still is, no smell like it. The elation when you got a 'shiny' was something to behold when you're 9 years old, too.... :O

Anyway... here are the most important pages which I have photographed for you good people... the BHAFC page! Some cracking 'tache's and haircuts, I must say...

BH1.jpg

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Gerry Ryan photo is enough to give you nightmares !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Teddy looks like an Umpar Loompa [emoji23][emoji23]

Fantastic memories, last year at Patcham Middle School for me getting ready to go up the road!!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I've still got my Panini 80 album, looking rather dog-eared and incomplete. I did drawings of the players whose stickers I didn't have, not usually in a flattering way.

I used to laugh several times a week at the pic of Forbes Philipson-Masters from Southampton with his bouffant aristocratic hair.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My constant chuckles were directed at Alan Gowling. If you made a Spitting Image puppet of him it would look less realistic than the real thing! ....

gowling.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Used to love collecting these at school, there would be kids with huge wads of stickers with only a few gaps left in the album (some stickers were stupidly rare - like the Spurs badge I recall)

It was 1p a sticker, they are way more today even after counting inflation

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I love the ''Ground Capacity = 34,500

Record Attendance = 36,747

None of your Health and Safety Hard hat to change a light bulb nonsense back in the day

There is no way 34,500 was possible in 1980, more like 28-29k tops....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here