Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle's 11 minute protest

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again the northern horse punchers seem to have shot themselves in the foot.

Views of the stands at the beginning of the match suggested the numbers turning up late had not been significant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-tyne-46413047

I was reminded of this 'protest' by professional Geordie Pete Donaldson who once again, between lambasting and lampooning Ashley, mentioned how the only victims of these protests are the fans.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Once again the northern horse punchers seem to have shot themselves in the foot.

Views of the stands at the beginning of the match suggested the numbers turning up late had not been significant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-tyne-46413047

I was reminded of this 'protest' by professional Geordie Pete Donaldson who once again, between lambasting and lampooning Ashley, mentioned how the only victims of these protests are the fans.

They should've save money, and done a 10 count :whistle:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
11 minutes? We did more than 11 YEARS! The utter amateurs

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Did they mange to get in in time to see the first goal, on 11 minutes? *chortle*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm actually quite impressed that they went ahead with their lame protest, off the back of three straight wins. That was surprisingly non-fickle.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
11 minutes? We did more than 11 YEARS! The utter amateurs

When listening to them, of the bits I understand, I always get the feeling the entire city is Anti-Ashley, yet they can't even manage something as simple as waiting to go in and no doubt drink beer and eat pies.

I bet more people will be late to their seats tomorrow night, and we couldn't be happier with our owner.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When listening to them, of the bits I understand, I always get the feeling the entire city is Anti-Ashley, yet they can't even manage something as simple as waiting to go in and no doubt drink beer and eat pies.

I bet more people will be late to their seats tomorrow night, and we couldn't be happier with our owner.
A bit like the Man U protests against the Glazers when they all waved Norwich scarves, while still going to the matches and paying a fortune.... to the Glazers. That worked well.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A bit like the Man U protests against the Glazers when they all waved Norwich scarves, while still going to the matches and paying a fortune.... to the Glazers. That worked well.

Dare I say it's also similar to being a season ticket holder for a Premier League club and protesting about fixture changes, ticket prices and bloated fat cats.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Dare I say it's also similar to being a season ticket holder for a Premier League club and protesting about fixture changes, ticket prices and bloated fat cats.
Similar. But different. When you're supposedly trying to send a message that you want to get rid of the owner of your club then you need to do a bit more than wave a scarf or have about 50 of you turn up late.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Similar. But different. When you're supposedly trying to send a message that you want to get rid of the owner of your club then you need to do a bit more than wave a scarf or have about 50 of you turn up late.

Their 'protests' are amazing, anyone would think they have no concept of money.
They've spent 11 years moaning about MA and in that time, to a man, must have each handed the man they loathe thousands of pounds in the process.

If I were Ashley I wouldn't just be throwing up in the fireplace I'd need to piss in it too because I was constantly laughing so hard.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Their 'protests' are amazing, anyone would think they have no concept of money.
They've spent 11 years moaning about MA and in that time, to a man, must have each handed the man the loathe thousands of pounds in the process.

If I were Ashley I wouldn't just be throwing up in the fire place I'd need to piss in it too because I was constantly laughing so hard.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here