Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Argus Pub of the Year

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I see that The Cobden Arms has won the Argus pub of the year. Today's paper page 3.
I've heard good things about this pub in the past but only been once. Current management only been there two years apparently.

Then it occured to me that I don't remember "The Cobden" getting nominated in the NSC pub of the year last time it was run on here. I can't find the link, but it must have been at least five years ago.

I remember The Battle of Trafalgar won one year. Are they still title holders? It's run by a different team now.

Perhaps it's time to run the contest again?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There was that pub, that featured on a thread, a while back, where no one could remember the name of the pub.
What was it now...........:cool:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see that The Cobden Arms has won the Argus pub of the year. Today's paper page 3.
I've heard good things about this pub in the past but only been once. Current management only been there two years apparently.

Then it occured to me that I don't remember "The Cobden" getting nominated in the NSC pub of the year last time it was run on here. I can't find the link, but it must have been at least five years ago.

I remember The Battle of Trafalgar won one year. Are they still title holders? It's run by a different team now.

Perhaps it's time to run the contest again?

I'm all for running it again, but perhaps we could widen it a little and make it best Sussex pub of the year?

After all there must be a massive chunk of NSC members who live outside the city that is Brighton & Hove.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The Cobden Arms in Cobden Road, Brighton, is the proud owner of the title after topping the polls.

It received a total of 1,993 votes from loyal customers.

Given that the pub can only fit about 20 people in, I wonder how it got that many votes?

A bit of NSC stylee vote rigging.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Cobden Arms in Cobden Road, Brighton, is the proud owner of the title after topping the polls.

It received a total of 1,993 votes from loyal customers.

Given that the pub can only fit about 20 people in, I wonder how it got that many votes?

A bit of NSC stylee vote rigging.

true, not exactly a "destination" pub is it. no doubt its very good but also very local.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here