Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
tenor.gif

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's cool. As we're the largest stadium being used (apart from Wembley, obv) there must be a good chance that we'll get at least one England game.

I went to the previous women's international at the Amex and it was a really good turnout, despite it chucking down that day.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's cool. As we're the largest stadium being used (apart from Wembley, obv) there must be a good chance that we'll get at least one England game.

I went to the previous women's international at the Amex and it was a really good turnout, despite it chucking down that day.

It was a good turn out despite the Albion not plugging it properly, and many considering not returning due to the club not having the usual matchday facilities open.

I do know of several people who have been to the Amex on that day only, and were genuinely disappointed with how poor the set up was. Not a good advertisement for the club.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
We've done alright hosting international matches, whether it's the rugby world cup or U21s in football. Just have to hope they don't run out of pies. And that the trains run on time etc etc.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Bramall Lane is bigger than the Amex

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Given that there are eight venues (Wembley only hosting the final) and four groups, presumably there will be two host venues for each group, ie three group games each.

Given geography, you'd expect the groups to be:
1. Brighton and Southampton.
2. Milton Keynes and Brentford.
3. Forest and Rotherham/Man City TG
4. Sheff Utd and Rotherham/Man City TG

In such an instance the Amex and St Mary's will have easily the biggest combined/average capacity, thus will host England's group.

(Of course they could combine SheffU and Forest, which would be a similar capacity to Brighton/Saints, but that would mean Rotherham and ManCity hosting a group with a combined capacity of less than 20k, which is surely unlikely.)

Thus I predict the Amex will host at least one England group game.

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Yes it is. And probably the City Ground (note to self, read more thoroughly next time)

City Ground is smaller (by a couple of hundred) than the Amex, as is Stadium MK. Bramall Lane and St Mary's are both about 2k larger. But see above for why I'm confident Brighton will host at least one England game.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tickets are on sale now.

Amex matches include an England group game and an England QF (if they win group).

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here