Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 4 - 5/12

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We enter the midweek round of fixtures nine points (and a healthy goal difference advantage) ahead of the bottom three, with a win giving us every chance of entering the top half of the table as out-of-form Watford have to play Manchester City. The bottom six all have tricky fixtures and it's difficult to see many points being picked up by those clubs.

West Ham have a good chance of leapfrogging us if the unthinkable happens at the Amex tomorrow night.

Tuesday 4/12
AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace
West Ham United v Cardiff City
Watford v Manchester City (20:00)

Wednesday 5/12
Burnley v Liverpool
Everton v Newcastle United
Fulham v Leicester City
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea
Manchester United v Arsenal (20:00)
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (20:00)

Screenshot 2018-12-03 at 11.03.16.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We enter the midweek round of fixtures nine points (and a healthy goal difference advantage) ahead of the bottom three, with a win giving us every chance of entering the top half of the table as out-of-form Watford have to play Manchester City. The bottom six all have tricky fixtures and it's difficult to see many points being picked up by those clubs.

West Ham have a good chance of leapfrogging us if the unthinkable happens at the Amex tomorrow night.

Tuesday 4/12
AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace
West Ham United v Cardiff City
Watford v Manchester City (20:00)

Wednesday 5/12
Burnley v Liverpool
Everton v Newcastle United
Fulham v Leicester City
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea
Manchester United v Arsenal (20:00)
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (20:00)

View attachment 102540

There appears to be an error on that table? It has Europa League-bound Wolves down as being below us?

Is the Premier League no longer a piece of piss?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A few factors (grinding out an away win, non-Murray goalscoring striker, better than solid performances from Yves, March and Bernardo) mean that I've officially started looking up the table.

My gut and fag packet analysis has us to finish in 10th.

As you say though, it's far more important to put more clean air between us and 18th.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its almost too amazing to think had we beaten Cardiff and Leicester we would be ...........6th!!

Sad thing for the PL is though Everton in 6th are closer to being bottom than top already

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There appears to be an error on that table? It has Europa League-bound Wolves down as being below us?

A few factors (grinding out an away win, non-Murray goalscoring striker, better than solid performances from Yves, March and Bernardo) mean that I've officially started looking up the table.

My gut and fag packet analysis has us to finish in 10th.

As you say though, it's far more important to put more clean air between us and 18th.

Its almost too amazing to think had we beaten Cardiff and Leicester we would be ...........6th!!

Sad thing for the PL is though Everton in 6th are closer to being bottom than top already

...and weren't Bournemouth sixth a couple of weeks ago? It's unlikely, I grant you, but we could be above them tomorrow too.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goal difference means absolutely feck all unless you firmly believe the Albion will finish with a points total in the mid to upper 30's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

And furthermore...

It seems to suggest that Bournemouth - that shining example to us all on how to cruise through the league playing swashbuckling football, and defeating all before you, have only TWO more points than dull, defensive Brighton? Surely another mistake.

The paper I read yesterday suggested they'd lost 4 games on the bounce. More fake news.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

6th place Everton nearer to 13th than 5th!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Goal difference is usually a good indicator of who will be relegated, although all 5 cannot get relegated in the same season

Yep. If you can't look at the points, goal difference is an excellent proxy. :smile:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Goal difference means absolutely feck all unless you firmly believe the Albion will finish with a points total in the mid to upper 30's.

I always see GD as a good guide to whether teams are in 'false' positions - we looks about where we should be on that basis.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Tuesday 4/12
AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town HOME
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace HOME
West Ham United v Cardiff City DRAW
Watford v Manchester City (20:00) AWAY

Wednesday 5/12
Burnley v LIVERPOOL AWAY
Everton v Newcastle United HOME
Fulham v Leicester City AWAY
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea AWAY
Manchester United v Arsenal (20:00) AWAY
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (20:00) HOME

These are the best case scenario results I think, although there is an argument for Bournemouth drawing against Huddersfield I suppose, and Man Utd v Arsenal doesn't really matter to us, other than we could be only one point behind Utd.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Mine for what its worth.....

Tuesday 4/12
AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town DRAW
Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace DRAW
West Ham United v Cardiff City HOME
Watford v Manchester City (20:00) AWAY

Wednesday 5/12
Burnley v Liverpool AWAY
Everton v Newcastle United HOME
Fulham v Leicester City DRAW
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea AWAY
Manchester United v Arsenal (20:00) DRAW
Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (20:00) HOME

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
...and weren't Bournemouth sixth a couple of weeks ago? It's unlikely, I grant you, but we could be above them tomorrow too.

Its crazy but true that they have 4 points from their last 6 games, but you have to remember that 4 of those games were against Southampton, Newcastle, Man Utd and Fulham

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This form table looks quite nice

1 Manchester City 6 6 0 0 22 3 +19 18
2 Liverpool 6 5 1 0 12 2 +10 16
3 Arsenal 6 3 3 0 13 8 +5 12
4 Tottenham 6 4 0 2 10 8 +2 12
5 Chelsea 6 3 2 1 12 6 +6 11
6 Everton 6 3 1 2 7 4 +3 10
7 Brighton & Hove 6 3 1 2 7 7 0 10
8 Newcastle Utd 6 3 1 2 5 6 -1 10
9 Leicester City 6 2 3 1 6 5 +1 9
10 Manchester Utd 6 2 3 1 9 9 0 9
11 Cardiff City 6 3 0 3 9 10 -1 9
12 West Ham Utd 6 2 2 2 9 9 0 8
13 Watford 6 2 1 3 6 7 -1 7
14 Huddersfield 6 2 1 3 5 7 -2 7
15 Crystal Palace 6 1 2 3 5 8 -3 5
16 Bournemouth 6 1 1 4 7 9 -2 4
17 Southampton 6 0 4 2 6 12 -6 4
18 Fulham 6 1 0 5 5 14 -9 3
19 Wolverhampton 6 0 1 5 4 11 -7 1
20 Burnley 6 0 1 5 3 17 -14 1

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely we want any matches containing the top 6 to go the way of the big boys. All other matches we would hope for a draw so both teams are dropping points.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Which is no different to what's going to happen to us from the Chelsea game through to March.

Fingers crossed the team will be high enough in the league, after Saturday, to only need a couple of points through the rest of winter to make spring a relaxing affair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here