Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southampton sack Hughes

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Was only a matter of time really, despite what seemed an encouraging result for them at the weekend.

Hopefully they won't turn things around now

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
sacking a manager is fine .... as long as you have a plan B ... who is going to take the job when Saints have said they have no money in the kitty and sack managers who get them to a cup final and top ten for boring play (Puel not done so bad since the sack either)

got to be big Sam or Pardew , who else would want the poisoned chalice

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They sacked Puel just 17 months ago. That is looking clever now isn't it.

Sacked him because the fans felt he was too negative and boring. In his only season with them he got to the League Cup Final and finished 8th. Yes, 8th.

Let that sink in for a moment...1 season, finished 8th and reached a cup final. Sacked for being a bit too defensive.

Paul Doyle said "a victim of Southampton's admirably unreasonable expectations".

Take heed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lots of Hughes chat after my team's game on Saturday (before the Saints -United game). 7 Saints fans in our side - not one felt he should stay. 6 of the 7 were all for Allardyce. :nono:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What is the game coming to when teams see Allardyce as the saviour when their club's in trouble. Is that
the best that this game can offer? Bleeding tragic as is the lack of loyalty these days.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And yet Southampton would have beaten Manchester United on Saturday but for an excellent second-half save from De Gea.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
sacking a manager is fine .... as long as you have a plan B ... who is going to take the job when Saints have said they have no money in the kitty and sack managers who get them to a cup final and top ten for boring play (Puel not done so bad since the sack either)

got to be big Sam or Pardew , who else would want the poisoned chalice
Even less money now given that buying out Sparkys contract probably cost them a few Bob.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And yet Southampton would have beaten Manchester United on Saturday but for an excellent second-half save from De Gea.

Would have beaten them if they had a bit of defensive resilience, although putting 3 passed United isn't that difficult this season. :moo:

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Isn't the point being made that people have been asking Hughes to blood youngsters and play a different system for ages - at last he does it and they see some progress, so QED the directors are left thinking, well if it took him that long to see something patently obvious, then he's not the man for us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Guess that's what happens when you don't beat Man United these days.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here