Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sausage Recipes please

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I am on Turkey duty on Christmas Day and, completely fed up with M&S and such's , second rate sausage meat, I have bought a sausage making machine and some vegetarian sausage skins. I want to do it myself!!

So all I need now is a meat and a veggy recipe for sausages!

Must be full of herbs and a real knockout.

No Vegan rubbish please!

thanks

TNBA

TTF

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My advice is you get lots of practice in before the big day, and allow my family to help with some constructive feedback for you :)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Support your local butcher. Buy them from him/her and ensure they too have a decent Christmas instead of the Tesco (etc) shareholders.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My advice is you get lots of practice in before the big day, and allow my family to help with some constructive feedback for you :)

I could not agree more my first two attempts were truly awful what seemed so easy

My advise for what's it's worth is use pork mince, bacon and pork fat in equal portions I found getting pork fat is the devils own job as all the butchers who make their own sausages keep it for themselves, you can get it online but this needs a bit of planning run the lot through the mincer several times with herds of choice salt and pepper

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I could not agree more my first two attempts were truly awful what seemed so easy

My advise for what's it's worth is use pork mince, bacon and pork fat in equal portions I found getting pork fat is the devils own job as all the butchers who make their own sausages keep it for themselves, you can get it online but this needs a bit of planning run the lot through the mincer several times with herds of choice salt and pepper

I seem to think that this is why the majority of recipes advise using pork belly as it has a high fat %.

Thanks, and I will guinea pig the recipe this week. No guinea pig included in the recipe ingredients of course.

Any half decent veggie recipes?

TNBA

TTF

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Brighton Sausage Company? If going to make yourself as above get a lot of practice in as its not easy imo!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Pigs in blankets is all you need. Just buy good quality sausages, take them out of their skins for the meat roll them into small balls and wrap streaky bacon around.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Pigs in blankets is all you need. Just buy good quality sausages, take them out of their skins for the meat roll them into small balls and wrap streaky bacon around.

what on earth is the point of that? Why wouldnt you just wrap bacon around the sausages youve bought if youre going to buy sausages?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
what on earth is the point of that? Why wouldnt you just wrap bacon around the sausages youve bought if youre going to buy sausages?
Because I’d be using good quality large sausages and they would be too big

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am on Turkey duty on Christmas Day and, completely fed up with M&S and such's , second rate sausage meat, I have bought a sausage making machine and some vegetarian sausage skins. I want to do it myself!!

So all I need now is a meat and a veggy recipe for sausages!

Must be full of herbs and a real knockout.

No Vegan rubbish please!

thanks

TNBA

TTF

I attended a cooking course in the summer and made these, bloody marvellous.

Makes about 2kg raw sausage:
1853g ground fatty pork/beef (roughly 20% fat overall)
71g milk powder
31g salt
5g hot chilli
10g coarse mild chilli flakes (gochuang)
5g pink salt (#1 cure)
10g black pepper coarse ground
8g garlic powder
Smoke over oak at 130°C until internal temperature reaches 73°C.

Make sure you really massage the meat, milk powder, fat and spices together for a good while. The consistency of the finished sausage is along the lines of a German sausage.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
I buy turkey sausages with garlic and chilli from my local farmers market. Delicious. 1BD9DCB6-C34E-44F6-A00B-5C30DE7CBE78.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here