Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield investigating 'homophobic chanting' at yesterdays match

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sky Sports:

Huddersfield are investigating reports of homophobic chanting during Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Brighton.

The Huddersfield Town LGBT supporters group, Proud Terriers, claimed on Sunday morning that homophobic abuse had been directed towards the travelling support at the John Smith's Stadium.

Huddersfield have said they will issue banning orders to fans proven to have partaken in such chanting.

Brighton are also understood to be aware of the allegations and considering a response.

"The club is aware of reports of homophobic abuse at yesterday's game against Brighton," a Huddersfield statement read.

"This is not something that Huddersfield Town will allow or accept. It is totally abhorrent and an affront to the overwhelming majority of the club's fantastic supporters.

"Officials at the club will do all they can to identify any individuals involved, who will face banning orders if proven.

"Huddersfield Town is extremely proud of its reputation as an inclusive club and the behaviour of a few individuals will not be allowed to tarnish this."

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A solid and bold statement, society has no place for homophobia, racism or any other form of discrimination and football has a part to play in helping to demonstrate what's not acceptable and not tolerating it - well done to Huddersfield

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Was certainly a long way from the worst I’ve seen.

Was just a few of them singing you’re going down on your boyfriend in response to us singing you’re going down with the Palace.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I used to enjoy the Brighton fans' response … "You're too ugly to be gay". Guess that's out of order too now? Where's the fun gone?

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to enjoy the Brighton fans' response … "You're too ugly to be gay". Guess that's out of order too now? Where's the fun gone?

The olde days of a bit of bantz were hilarious. Laurie Cunningham, Cyril Regis and John Barnes would pick up a banana thrown on to the pitch, and give it a munch.

The fun’s gone out of the game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Call me a millennial snowflake, but I don’t want to hear any homophobic chants at football. Regardless to how humorous as a comeback that is...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Some of the comments on their forum about it are exactly what you’d expect.

Who cares, some on here might say they do for show, i dont indulge in homophobic chanting and i never would, but i really couldnt give a damn and neither could most others if they`re honest.”

Yeah, who actually cares about homophobia? :rolleyes:

Why does that particular "community" need a weekend? Its society going over the top to show how politically correct we all are. When is straight weekend out of interest?

It’s nice to know we’re not the only club with morons supporting us who think stuff like that. Just a surprise he wasn’t called Sir.Huddersfield really.

This country has gone mad, I neither support rainbow weekend or disagree with it, Frankly I couldn't care less, However I do object to the fact that it has to be a spectacle in the first place same as the pride weekends do heterosexual people have straight weekends and matches to celebrate heterosexuals no we don't same as MOBO awards is that not disgriminating against white musicians.
We are supposed to live in a country of free speech but we are far from it, You should be allowed to say and do what you want without having to pussy foot around people just because they might take offence, Same goes for managers not slating a shite referring performance, why should they be punished for stating a point of view. Madness

This thick-as-shit knuckle dragging bellend also doesn’t understand why the second O in ‘Mobo’ stand for. I mean he clearly doesn’t know that Mick Hucknall; arguably the whitest man in Britain has won one.

If the gays want to be accepted they should stop shoving it in our faces willy nilly. 95 percent of the population dont have a issue. By having such weekends they are causing a issue. Let it go, we know your gay, we dont care, your the same as us. They want equality, then stop dividing us by parading about in knickers.
Lgbt festivals are a utter disgrace, vile, crude and unneeded.

This post; which describes events like pride as “a utter disgrace, vile, crude and unneeded” is the second most liked comment in the thread. It just hurts my brain. It’s just painful how much people don’t seem to get that homophobic abuse isn’t okay, and that their brain dead reaction is exactly why brilliant events like pride ARE needed.

Oh well. It’s only Palace & Burnley next. Not like either of them are known for homophobia.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When is straight weekend out of interest?.

:rollseyes:

I wonder if they also complain that cyclists don’t pay road tax and state teachers get too many holidays?

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
The olde days of a bit of bantz were hilarious. Laurie Cunningham, Cyril Regis and John Barnes would pick up a banana thrown on to the pitch, and give it a munch.

They were apparently making monkey chants at Bissouma on Saturday as well. Do you think that's fun as well? unbelievable!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

That was just a ballsy response to something which is completely wrong, and I respect them completely for rising above it. If I was there now and someone did that I'd stick that banana in their eye socket.

However, I think 'crowd to crowd' has slightly different rules when in the stadium. It's a grey area though. Hugely so. Do you 'give as good as you take' or do you take your bat and ball home?

I'm not saying either reaction is correct, by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here