Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC store Eastbourne.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So, I found out last night that there is a full merchandise shop in the New Beacon (Arndale Centre) in Eastbourne.

Is this common knowledge and been discussed on here or have i been on a different planet and not seen anything about this?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The second I saw the image I thought "pop-up" as the decor is rather spartan to say the least!

Good move, though. Always nice to see the club 'merch' on show. I just wish it was a bit cheaper!! :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a shop as such, but there's a BHAFC pop-up stall in Churchill Square. Seems to be generating quite a bit of interest. Next stop a short term lease shop there, see how it goes?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just got the Mrs to go in there and get me and the boys a top. Saves me making an extra trip to the Amex next week. [emoji106]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just got the Mrs to go in there and get me and the boys a top. Saves me making an extra trip to the Amex next week. [emoji106]

That's the thing about it, the Albion is a Sussex-wide side, not everybody is able make it to the Amex or fancies online shopping. Maybe time to sell smarter and make Albion goods more available countywide. Last time I looked (and I'll look again tomorrow) you could buy a Palace top at Gatwick Airport airside, but you couldn't buy an Albion top. Maybe not QUITE Premier League Ready?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's the thing about it, the Albion is a Sussex-wide side, not everybody is able make it to the Amex or fancies online shopping. Maybe time to sell smarter and make Albion goods more available countywide. Last time I looked (and I'll look again tomorrow) you could buy a Palace top at Gatwick Airport airside, but you couldn't buy an Albion top. Maybe not QUITE Premier League Ready?

You can't get any Albion gear in Sports Direct in North Street, Brighton :lolol:

I do wonder if we've missed a trick licencing the sale through other vendors but maybe Mike Ashley simply wants too big a cut? Bottom line is, until you see our gear in local branches of national chains, you won't see it at an airport.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

It's a London ting blud, init.

You are of course you're correct that everyone can't make it to the Amex and shops like this would benefit everyone.

I do understand that the cost of opening one full-time is not cost effective but a pop up stall in different areas would be a win win..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club were close to opening a permanent shop at Tesco in Worthing but it all went quiet and, I assume, fell through for one reason or another.

Illustrates that the club are at least looking to get out around Sussex a bit more though, which has to be a good thing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a London ting blud, init.

You are of course you're correct that everyone can't make it to the Amex and shops like this would benefit everyone.

I do understand that the cost of opening one full-time is not cost effective but a pop up stall in different areas would be a win win..

Just can't help but compare and contrast with, say, Munich where I stumbled across about half a dozen small but strategically-placed outlets CRAMMED with everything from Bayern dog bowls to Bayern lederhosen. Just seems to me that we've barely scratched the surface of the marketing possibilities of a PL club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can't get any Albion gear in Sports Direct in North Street, Brighton :lolol:

I do wonder if we've missed a trick licencing the sale through other vendors but maybe Mike Ashley simply wants too big a cut? Bottom line is, until you see our gear in local branches of national chains, you won't see it at an airport.

Absolutely no reason why the club couldn't cut a deal with JD Sports who have an outlet in Churchill Square and in both Gatwick terminals. Maybe offer Brighton's tens of thousands of foreign students a 10% discount or something? It's a win-win shirley? I guess the car boot level pop-up in Churchill Square offers some kind of timid first step, tho a better business model would be the Withdean-era shop in Queens Road. They really punched above their weight. You could buy match tickets there, get your shirt printing done, plus they carried a decent level of stock, not to mention an unparalleled level of tat :lol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Absolutely no reason why the club couldn't cut a deal with JD Sports who have an outlet in Churchill Square and in both Gatwick terminals. Maybe offer Brighton's tens of thousands of foreign students a 10% discount or something? It's a win-win shirley? I guess the car boot level pop-up in Churchill Square offers some kind of timid first step, tho a better business model would be the Withdean-era shop in Queens Road. They really punched above their weight. You could buy match tickets there, get your shirt printing done, plus they carried a decent level of stock, not to mention an unparalleled level of tat :lol:

What surprises me is that the tat hasn’t got any better since those days

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There must be A reason but whatever it is it’s completely beyond me. There were effing VILLA shirts in there but no shirts from the local Premier League club. Madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'll have you know that I still cherish my blue and white garden gnome, seagulls ash tray, and seagulls rug. Mind you Mrs T has put the rug in the shed, the astray is verboten, and the garden gnome is, for some reason, ascting as a bird scarer in our plum tree. My leisurewear shirts are however indestructable after 20 years, and I still wear them to work. You cannot beat 100% man-made fibre in an non-iron finish punk:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There must be A reason but whatever it is it’s completely beyond me. There were effing VILLA shirts in there but no shirts from the local Premier League club. Madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were loads of Rangers and Celtic shirts too in Sports Direct on North Street last time I went in there. Really useful I thought.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking for some pop up customers by the look of it.....

I think I'll have a little recce at this Eastbourne pop up outlet prior to pre-Palace drinking on Tuesday afternoon. It should kill all of 2 minutes at least.

I do think it's somewhat cruel and morally wrong though - A Brighton and Hove Albion shop is for life, not just for Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here