Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma at Huddersfield - playacting?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I thought he had a good, solid game, but I was only watching on the telly.

The Huddersfield fans aren't so keen http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/110897/yves-bissouma and their main complaint seems to be him playacting, rolling around holding his head for the sending off (hence the booing), and other unspecified diving and cheating through the game.

This wasn't at all evident from the stream - anyone at the ground see any of this, or is it just sour grapes?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The chunk missing out of his leg probably smarted a bit, but we mustn’t judge the Huddersfield fans by our own soft as shite shandy drinking standards.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That boney area is bloody painfully when hit, especially with studs.

Loads of play acting in games every week, but not this time. Bissouma was honest.

He played well too. He’s going to come good for us.

I’m ignoring a few fools in Hudd.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

The Huddersfield fans aren't so keen http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/110897/yves-bissouma and their main complaint seems to be him playacting, rolling around holding his head for the sending off (hence the booing), and other unspecified diving and cheating through the game.

This wasn't at all evident from the stream - anyone at the ground see any of this, or is it just sour grapes?

It was a definite red when he was tackled, but even I have to admit he was beginning to annoy me at times.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The less-one-eyed Hudd fans are rating his performance as pivotal to our result. I know they were down to 10 men, but sounds like he was everywhere yesterday. Chuffed for him.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Also only watched on a stream but i thought Bissouma was excellent yesterday, it was a definite red card and there was no play acting, he didn't need to, Mounie was given the red immediately.

As for their constant booing, it only appeared to spur him on, thought he handled it very well. Also had a little chuckle to myself when he was being subbed, their fans booing him again, so he paused to roll his socks down and use up another second or two, childish, maybe, but a great way to say up yours, besides they didn't seem to mind Pritchard taking his time coming off when the score was still 1-1

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They obviously missed the Huddersfield players playacting.

Billing, who is built like a brick sh house going down every time he was brushed by one of our players.

One of their players feigning a head injury because we were in the middle of a promising break.

Pritchard diving at every opportunity.

I could go on.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
When I saw the starting XI my main concern was the team was going to be too nice. Sometimes you need a player who’s going to be a niggly annoying *******; someone the opposition fans can’t wait to see the back of, and with no Stephens, Kayal or Murray I was worried we were missing that. Step forward Yves Bissouma who had a great game and was that annoying presence we needed.

Oh, and him pulling his socks down as he came off was f*cking brilliant. Genuinely made me laugh out loud. He was living rent free inside their fans heads by the time he got off the pitch, superb work.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I did feel sorry for the booing. The red was not his fault. As a mark of respect to his talent I wont boo Pritchard in the return game.
Well, maybe just a little.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

They come from Yorkshite. That is all you need to consider.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately playacting has become a big part of the game and it is now assumed you are playacting unless you get carried off with a broken leg. Only saw it in real time from the stands myself but people round me on the coach coming back said MOTD saw it as a red and Sky (Charlie Nicholas) thought it was a yellow.

Our last 3 games have been decided by refereeing decisions rather than skill - two bad ones at Cardiff, two bad ones at home to Leicester and two good ones yesterday.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There was some support for him on that Board as well.

He didn't actually roll about on the floor. He didn't even initially drop to the floor when the incident happened.

This guy is gonna be an absolute star. He is my new adopted favourite since Jamie left. Apparently he can really drive forward with the ball at his feet and from a starting position has great turn of pace, with and without the ball. His other starts have I think been against the ''Big Boys'' Liverpool and Man City where it was unlikely you would see much of his offensive play.

He is still young and raw and has got caught in possession in dangerous positions which have been costly but be assured. This lad is a real talent in the making and his confidence will grow as he gets trusted with more starts when he begins to cut out the errors in his game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The biggest playacting I saw yesterday was that lump that Huddersfield brought on who was playacting at being a professional footballer.

He made Glenn Murray look like Usain Bolt, and appeared to possess no footballing skill whatsoever.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
the decision to go red instead of yellow is giving a divided opinion among pundits and shows how difficult it can be especially as the ref has one view of it in real time and the experts can watch as many replays and angles as they want in slow motion ... so trying to be unbiased would generally agree with a ref's decision because it is his/her's gut feeling in a split second
In this case the ref went red before he had even seen the red blood coming from the wound on Bissoumas leg and that clearly shows there was enough contact to cause injury or harm therefore the decision has to be it was a dangerous or out of control challenge so I am not sure why everyone is questioning the decision.
As for playacting ... you must be joking , just knocking that part of the upper shin is enough to have most people cringing and grabbing hold of their leg hopping around or rolling around on the floor so to Bissoumas credit he did well to mainly just lay there & wait for treatment.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's about time this got put to bed.
Every player attempts to gain an advantage by playacting.

Some are better than others.
Some are more frequent than others.

But they all have done it, do it, will do it in the future.

To complain about it is being as myopic as Mark Hughes is on referee decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here