Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford fans pay tribute to Vichai

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Have just seen the article on the BBC,

Watford fans displaying 2 banners for their game against Leicester today, one in tribute to their owner Vichai, and one for the other victims of the crash.

A lovely touch by the Watford fans I think, and a real credit to football, puts thiings in their rightful place, and a wonderful response from LCFC too, by giving free food and drink to the travelling Watford fans as a thanks for their respect.

On a less serious note, does anyone think if we took banners to away games to commemorate passed legends from the home teams, that we would get free beer and burgers too???

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All getting a bit mawkish. These are strange times. Evidently I’m old skool because I find these constant public grief-offs rather unbecoming of an Englishman.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have just seen the article on the BBC,

Watford fans displaying 2 banners for their game against Leicester today, one in tribute to their owner Vichai, and one for the other victims of the crash.

A lovely touch by the Watford fans I think, and a real credit to football, puts thiings in their rightful place, and a wonderful response from LCFC too, by giving free food and drink to the travelling Watford fans as a thanks for their respect.

On a less serious note, does anyone think if we took banners to away games to commemorate passed legends from the home teams, that we would get free beer and burgers too???

Well I think it's about time Uncle Tony put his hand in his pocket again, he hasn't bought the, (except on the odd occasion), long suffering travellings supporters a drink yet this season. :drink:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
How long before for the first three minutes silence or applause, to mark someone really really important’s passing.

Not possible as scousers have reserved the 3 minutes silence for the future death of daglish or souness. They are trailblazers in the silence stakes and nobody can do it until they have tried and tested it many times (after jan molby it will probably open it up for use to others).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How long before for the first three minutes silence or applause, to mark someone really really important’s passing.

I can’t see that happening. The opportunity came and was missed when Barry from the Chuckle Brothers recently passed away.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All getting a bit mawkish. These are strange times. Evidently I’m old skool because I find these constant public grief-offs rather unbecoming of an Englishman.

Judging from your posts about the football, sounds like you’re in a perpetual state of grief anyway...:D

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Pass the sick bag Alice. Who gives a toss about a dead billionaire

Quite a lot of people.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46150809

Being a billionaire doesnt make you a ****. Your post though...

"Vichai believed that Leicester City F.C.'s success or failure was affected by karma, and he therefore endeavoured to build Buddhist temples and support Buddhist monks to accumulate good karma"

I hope he's right. Cos thats you ****ed mate
:wanker:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Arsenal have a 90 minutes silence every home game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here