Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yellow kit

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Anyone know why we wore the yellow kit today?

Can't see how the green kit would have clashed with their stripes?

Watching on a stream today, I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking we were in blue and white stripes at certain points of the game?:lolol::lolol:

Or has the green kit been deemed as 'unlucky', hence the yellow kit?

If that's the case we might see the yellow kit for the rest of the away games!!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Watching on a stream today, I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking we were in blue and white stripes at certain points of the game?:lolol::lolol:

White shorts/socks would clash with Hudds. Simple.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Not a lover of the yellow kit but the green kit is utter toilet! We would never of won in green kit today....fact!:lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think there might be a contractual obligation that the 3rd kit must get at least one or two outings through the course of the season

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IMG_0102.JPG
Yellow away kit rules. Simple

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

For decent chunks of the game I reckon our players thought their teammates were in blue & white stripes as well the amount of times we passed to them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a move by the club to make the people who'd actually bought that 'orrible green kit feel like wallies if they turned up wearing it today?

If the club could give them all free bobble hats they could turn up at away matches as Santa's little helpers............

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
If football is a game of fine margins then I think the yellow kit is an advantage. It is easier to spot with peripheral vision, particularly under lights. I find the green disappears into the background when the player is on the opposite wing.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh. I think something is going on here. Along the lines of the players have complained they struggle to pick their teammates out in the green. So much of passing is about peripheral vision. Then there's probably been some sort of internal departmental hoo-haa about who approved the kit and how often, contractually we are supposed to wear it. Quite rightly, the players views came out on top.

Very good chance i'm wrong, but then we will find out next week when we see what we wear at Burnley. Though we don't have an away game where we absolutely have to wear an away kit until Leicester at the end of Feb.

Oh and yellow, infinitely preferable to green, which is my least favourite Brighton kit ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here