Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bernardo may become first choice soon, but Bong has been a great signing for the club. A small fee from Wigan and helping the club win promotion and comfortably staying up last season. I'm not going to give him any criticism tonight.

He's been brilliant for us and the one having a pop at him have very short memories!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Bernardo was absolutely dire at Watford but has come back into the a different player after adjusting to the English game. He's now showing exactly why we signed him, i think he has definitely displaced Bong for now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bernardo was absolutely dire at Watford but has come back into the a different player after adjusting to the English game. He's now showing exactly why we signed him, i think he has definitely displaced Bong for now.

Bit harsh. He played 26 minutes in his first game in the premiership before having to switch to the right.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Healthy competition, 8 games in December, you are going to need the whole squad. Bong will be there when we need him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What the hell is going on with this 'slight tweak' he had a few weeks ago and yet he is still out? I wish the club would tell the truth on full extent of injuries, it can get bloody irritating. Every time they say 'slight tweak' nowadays I expect a player to be out for 6 weeks or more!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What the hell is going on with this 'slight tweak' he had a few weeks ago and yet he is still out? I wish the club would tell the truth on full extent of injuries, it can get bloody irritating. Every time they say 'slight tweak' nowadays I expect a player to be out for 6 weeks or more!

Why are you posting this now then? He went off on 2 Jan. You've got until the middle of next month until your deadline is reached.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are you posting this now then? He went off on 2 Jan. You've got until the middle of next month until your deadline is reached.

It always helps to reply when you have read the post.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I find people’s anger on this bizarre. He’ll be back when he’s back. The club has been like this for a number of years on injuries and will continue to be regardless of people getting annoyed by it. Not worth getting worked up about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I find people’s anger on this bizarre. He’ll be back when he’s back. The club has been like this for a number of years on injuries and will continue to be regardless of people getting annoyed by it. Not worth getting worked up about.

No anger, just frustration with the clubs line of 'minor tweaks' when it quite obviously isn't.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No anger, just frustration with the clubs line of 'minor tweaks' when it quite obviously isn't.

I can’t see what benefit it would be to the club in broadcasting xxx xxxx will be out for x weeks, esp if they don’t know the full extent/ recovery timeframe of the injury.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can’t see what benefit it would be to the club in broadcasting xxx xxxx will be out for x weeks, esp if they don’t know the full extent/ recovery timeframe of the injury.

We seem to be very much in the minority of clubs that do this and if they don't know why explain it's nothing and they'll be ok in a week or so, or whatever line is the latest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here