Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton on fan gloom post Leicester - "Nothing wrong with that"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton responding to the post Leicester gloom...

"I certainly take no notice of [fans on 606] and as regards social media or message boards, I never read them or listen to them.
“I think we have got a fabulous crowd who are very supportive.
“I won’t call it negativity, but with any expectancy there can be perhaps disappointment.
“It’s normal and I don’t think that would not be the case anywhere else.
“We played [v Leicester] for 60 minutes against ten men, winning 1-0 and then, disappointingly, conceded a goal, and it was disappointing for everyone.
“So any feeling is normal and certainly as regards what our supporters bring, they have been brilliant for so long.
“Expectations change a little bit and all you want is to make sure that for the most part you have a crowd that is very good, and we do.”
“I still think we’ve got a support and a crowd that know it’s still going to be a tough season, especially when at the start of the season two of the three teams that came up (Wolves and Fulham) spent a vast amount of money.
“So I think we have got a realistic crowd.
“Every now and again of course they are going to show that (frustration) but I think there’s nothing wrong with that.
“Because we were disappointed ourselves (against Leicester) so I don’t think we can feel that way and not expect everybody else not to feel the same.
“But, come the next game, they are always right behind us.”

via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17269118.chris-hughton-says-albion-fans-understand-prem-challenge/

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Great words from Chris. Yes his tactics can be frustrating, but he knows what he's doing and did great to keep us up last season and I'm sure come the end of the season we will be happy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Of course he reads NSC. Against Leicester someone posted that he needed to bring on Andone, and he did just a few minutes later. Maybe it's the backroom team that are glued to the match thread! And I'm sure he's toned down his outrageous touchline antics since we have raised them as a concern....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton responding to the post Leicester gloom...

"I certainly take no notice of [fans on 606] and as regards social media or message boards, I never read them or listen to them.

“So I think we have got a realistic crowd.
“Every now and again of course they are going to show that (frustration) but I think there’s nothing wrong with that.
No ..................... but he seems to have a good idea of the flavour of what has been said on them! Good guesswork, or does somebody report back on them to him?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No ..................... but he seems to have a good idea of the flavour of what has been said on them! Good guesswork, or does somebody report back on them to him?

Well it's no secret that this board is monitored by BHAFC staff!

Chris being a realist. He knows that the performances, maybe not all the results, have been below par (his words: below the levels expected) and frustration amongst 30,000 people can creep in. But as he says, each new game, we (fans) are ready to go again!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The person who asked the question at the Thursday press conference mentioned the caller to Robbie Savage on 606 and comments on fan message boards.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The person who asked the question at the Thursday press conference mentioned the caller to Robbie Savage on 606 and comments on fan message boards.

Exactly! Blimey we aren’t dealing with some rookie manager ..he’s had a career in football! Bet the guy asking the question never said there were a lot of positive comments too.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Lose the next three playing the way we have been and it won’t be just one caller .Cardiif showed last night what a little bit of belief and bravery can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I run an unofficial forum which is solely dedicated to one manufacturer. We have 60,000 members and the site gets 1 million page hits a month overall, so it's not small.

The company in question is notoriously sniffy and had always poo-poo'd the idea of internet sites talking about them, but over the last 13 years I've learned everyone from the CEO to the factory floor staff read the forum either daily or weekly. In the end they fessed up they valued our opinions, and even though they didn't always act upon them they felt it was a decent way of getting a general 'gyst' of how the actions of the company were being received.

Personally I'd love to know which staff and players read these forums, and how often - but we'll never know.

Do I think CH reads NSC? Actually, no - I don't. I don't think he's got the time or inclination, and I don't think he needs to. I also think if the players do, the negative threads can do as much harm as the positive ones can do good. It's our hobby, but it's their life... If I was a player, I'd stay away from all media...

CH is an experienced manager and is as slick and smooth as 5 litres of Mobil 1 when in interviews. He knows what to say, and what not to say. He's a pro.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Personally I'd love to know which staff and players read these forums, and how often - but we'll never know.

Do I think CH reads NSC? Actually, no - I don't. I don't think he's got the time or inclination, and I don't think he needs to. I also think if the players do, the negative threads can do as much harm as the positive ones can do good. It's our hobby, but it's their life... If I was a player, I'd stay away from all media...

CH is an experienced manager and is as slick and smooth as 5 litres of Mobil 1 when in interviews. He knows what to say, and what not to say. He's a pro.

Well the players were fans once of whatever clubs they support and I'm sure they know the brickbats and bouquets that get delivered by social media.

It's a case of if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!!

But overall, I bet they have a good laugh. :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

It's probably just as well.

Attention-seeking opinions which are shared primarily to get on national radio or to stir up discord on here aren't worth serious consideration.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Have you seen the stats???

Cardiff beat Wolves at their own game when a goal down.

I would say a ballsy performance and I hate Warnock and Cardiff.

Wouldn't disagree - it was certainly a ballsy performance - but still only got the same result we got.
I would also say our coming from 2-0 down vs Southampton and Fulham were also ballsy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Wouldn't disagree - it was certainly a ballsy performance - but still only got the same result we got.
I would also say our coming from 2-0 down vs Southampton and Fulham were also ballsy.

Yes, I would agree they were ballsy performances but they were our first few games of the season and felt like wins, BUT we didn't get 3 points in either Cardiff did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here